Author Topic: The moaning old git thread  (Read 324090 times)

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
Re: The moaning old git thread
« Reply #2840 on: July 07, 2021, 20:20:08 »
  I had a driving licence reminder a couple of days ago.So this morning I typed in the exact “.gov/“ website address as printed on the reminder, the list opened up on the screen and I clicked on the top one that looked exactly like the .gov site, but it wasn’t the official one, that was the next one down on the list.Another click and it opened up with the correct one.It must be so easy to scam anyone not savvy about how Google take money and move scam sites up the list.

Ian Mc.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #2841 on: July 08, 2021, 10:08:33 »
Glad you spotted that one. Google said they would not allow that but they are low down dirty lying ********
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #2842 on: July 09, 2021, 22:23:26 »
Best of luck to the team representing the English Football Association. All the media hype about the honour of England being at stake is just so much jingoistic claptrap. All that 50 years of hurt yak yak yak  :-x

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #2843 on: July 10, 2021, 05:42:58 »
 :text-goodpost:
Sport really brings out the best in people:

BBC News - Euro 2020: Danish family attacked by England fans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57779541

Offline Brockett

« Reply #2844 on: July 10, 2021, 09:23:59 »
Yes, quite right and Football is only a game wherein cheating is called gamesmanship.  Jonathan Rea, six times world superbike champion gets ignored by the media whilst ball kickers, ball hitters and ball jugglers, ( not league mind you) are praised as saintly beings.

Offline Keith60

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, Honda TRX 500FA ATV
« Reply #2845 on: July 10, 2021, 09:40:08 »
I agree with you Brocket.  Football cheaters, diving and pretending to be seriously injured, when replays show they weren’t even touched!  It really angers me that in this modern game they allow them to get away with it!  The cheaters should get an automatic red card!  End of.  Till that day I won’t watch it! 😡😡😡
Never too old to ride!

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #2846 on: July 10, 2021, 10:49:40 »
 :text-goodpost:

If you watch any ladies football you will notice it is almost entirely free of diving, play-acting and other shenanigans.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #2847 on: July 10, 2021, 11:09:28 »

BBC News - Euro 2020: Danish family attacked by England fans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57779541

Please don't tar all football fans with the same brush, thanks to the actions of a tiny minority of pissed-up nationalist bottom-holes.

Also from the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/4zN9dbtAvd/raheem-sterling

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #2848 on: July 10, 2021, 12:02:23 »
It's a sport that attracts them in droves though, and encourages the tribalistic and xenophobic elements quite openly.

It's a similar way that golf pulls in idiots in Pringle who think they can alter the laws of physics by shouting 'get in the hole' after a shot is played, and snooker fans have to utter unintelligible 'something something something Ronnie' between shots.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2849 on: July 10, 2021, 12:07:03 »
I like to watch football & will be watching and cheering for England in the final on Sunday night like millions of others, none of us will be out causing trouble!!
However I do agree with moans about diving, cheating and pretending they're hurt. I do dislike that immensely.
I go to watch my two grandsons play (under 9's & under 10's) and you even see it creeping in there now! These so called stars & 'influencers' should be well & truly ashamed of themselves!
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Online Rusty Nuts

« Reply #2850 on: July 10, 2021, 12:17:25 »
Stromgeeza, I never said all football fans were the same. And the bloodbath at Wimbledon when Brits lose, and the carnage at the Leeds International Piano Festival - just as bad. The seemimgly unbreakable links between football, tribal thuggery, alcohol and racism are real, and obvious, and the way the whole country has to defer to "the footy" whenever it is on sickens me. Plus, the game itself is crap.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #2851 on: July 10, 2021, 13:46:24 »
In the olden days I was a season ticket holder and travelled far and wide for away games. "Bother" was around but never an issue.

The game changed when Sky stuck it's oar in and suddenly the the players and their agents destroyed the game. Klinsman came, started falling over and the rest is history. The pundits now rave about a barely comprehensible brummy who wears a headband and is able to "draw a foul".

He's a cheat in a team full of cheats in a game full of cheats.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #2852 on: July 10, 2021, 14:07:18 »
I think, in years to come, we'll look back at football the same way that we do at the old Saturday afternoon wrestling: choreographed pantomime for the entertainment of the gullible. There's so much money tied up in results that those in control can't afford to leave outcomes to chance.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline Brockett

« Reply #2853 on: July 10, 2021, 19:28:59 »
If the Football Association had any morals at all they would withdraw the England team before the final as an act of National contrition for the idiot that shone a laser light in the Denmanrk goalies face as Kane took the winning penalty.

Offline StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #2854 on: July 10, 2021, 20:01:47 »
Point of fact-Kasper Schmeichel actually saved the penalty- the rebound was put away by Kane. As it was the side of his face and nose lit up in green, it's unlikely he was blinded by it unless he decided to look at the corner flag while the pen was being taken. I think it's significant that the Danish FA did not want to take the matter any further.
The FA have been fined by UEFA though, and rightly so- also for the booing the Danish anthem (probably the same idiots who boo when players take the knee) and for the setting off of fireworks inside the stadium (how the hell did stadium security not stop them coming in?)

Online Rusty Nuts

« Reply #2855 on: July 10, 2021, 20:36:43 »
Yeah, naughty old security guards' fault. Letting people in with lasers & fireworks. I've always wondered why it needs so many coppers at every football game, too. Because the fans are just normal sport lovers. With lasers, fireworks, flares, sharpened coins, stanley knife blades taped in pairs to make it harder to stitch the wound.

Offline Dark-Strom

• Bike: 2018 Ninja 650
« Reply #2856 on: July 10, 2021, 20:50:42 »
Right so a bright light shone at the side of your face wouldn't cause glare...
Football fans will justify whatever they do be it right or wrong, bloody thugs, cheats and racists.
My first memories at Reading old stadium was of fans heavily racially abusing a player in a another team...funnily enough I never got into football. Never had this trouble with Hurling or Gaelic football, but then they are harder games played by normal people...who also have a day job...rant over...
May your God go with you...
(Dave Allen)

Offline Dark-Strom

• Bike: 2018 Ninja 650
« Reply #2857 on: July 10, 2021, 20:58:04 »
I lied.
In fact the scenes after that game back then down Oxford Road, was at times not a lot different to riots.
So I take back the word thug and would throw in the words pissed terrorists in training lol.
May your God go with you...
(Dave Allen)

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #2858 on: July 11, 2021, 12:22:46 »
It's quite simple .....

Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #2859 on: July 11, 2021, 13:17:30 »
It's tying your hair in a silly 'bun' on the top of your head which put me off players years ago.

In the 60's I got to watch for real Denis Law, George Best and Bobby Charlton play for MU. Good, honest, sporting, skilful players and no worries about your 'coiffe'. Fair to say that fouls were fouls in them days but no pansy rolling about......if you got a leg broken, like I did, you deserved to lay down on the pitch. Oh, then the back of the car ride to Kings Lynn hospital, very painful. Those were the days.  :icon_crutch:
So how's it going so far then?