Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Oil/Lubrication

Inherited forst Scottoiler system...is it working?

(1/2) > >>

Enge:
Hello all,

this is my first question on this here forum, having just become a 650XT owner, which by the way, I bloody love!

I've inherited a ScottOiler system, but unsure if it's doing exactly what it should.

I think it's the V type system, from what I've seen on YouTube, but here's the rub...

It doesn't seem to be rigged properly.

I've attached some images, (hopefully correctly) of what I've found.

There is a tube coming down from the bottom of the reservoir, which takes the lube down to the outlet at the sprocket.
There is also a clear tube which just goes to a black "connector"? but isn't connected to anything as it just ends up under the seat just short of the coolant res...
Also, there is a thin black wire coming from the top, that goes off towards the front of the bike, sorry, but I've not been tempted to take all the farings off yet, but the wire goes along the underside of the seat towards the front...

So, bit stumped...I've taken a look at the lube level and it doesn't seem to be dropping, so I thought where best to ask but here?

Thanks all, hopefully the post and stills fit the protocol...(very new to all this)

Froglodyte:
Watch this

Enge:
Thanks for that link...

I've had a look at that before, and how to install the V-system, but this unit doesn't seem to be connected to the vacuum line, so I'm wondering how any lube is actually being delivered.

It doesn't look like an electronic delivery system, but the thin black wire coming from the top is really puzzling me...

Froglodyte:
If it comes directly out of the top it is the vacuum pipe and should be connected either by  a T piece or directly onto the injector body.
The clear pipe with the black thing on the end is the breather

UK_Vstrom650:
The clear pipe under the seat is correct (it's a breather pipe or something)
The skinny black tube going to the front will be connected to the vacuum pipe. Should be fine unless it's become disconnected.

I'd check the pipe to the rear sprocket for any holes - mine had one before which stopped the lube being drawn through the tube. (If it needs replacing 6mm tubing from a garden centre/fish tank works).

After that, turn the flow rate on to full to prime the system. You'll need to run the engine for about 5mins or so to draw the oil through to the rear sprocket, then adjust it to the required rate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version