Author Topic: heated clothing combatability  (Read 1478 times)

Offline oldrider

• Bike: V-Strom 650
heated clothing combatability
« on: December 26, 2020, 06:55:20 »
I had a keis heated gillet for christmas, I already have gerbing heated gloves, I am looking into getting some heated trousers as well. the plugs on the gillet and my gloves are a slightly different size, I think I can overcome this by buying some patch leads, what I was wondering is, does anyone have the blaze heated trousers? I have been looking for trousers and found that the blaze trousers can be had for around £69, while the keis version is £165, does anyone know the plug size on the blaze trousers please, I know its all a bit mix and match, but £100 difference is quite a bit

Offline oldrider

Re: heated clothing combatability
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 09:58:44 »
Well I sussed it out, managed to get the trousers,gillet and gloves to connect up, went for a ride yesterday, jesus christ I felt like I was sat in front of the fire, only bad part, was the salt deposits all over the bike.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 10:23:11 »
Did the Blaze trousers plug in to the jacket without any mods?
Would be worth listing what accessories, if any, you needed to buy to connect them all up  :thumb:

Offline oldrider

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 06:39:05 »
the gerbing gloves plug into the armpit connection on the keis gillet, but that means the heat controller is in side your outer jacket, I run the gloves on full power all the time, so I have ordered some leads for each armpit to go to each glove thus doing away with the controller. you can get adaptors to plug the blaze trousers into the gillet, but I'm a bit unsure about using 1 power lead from the battery because of the current draw, so I am using the blaze power lead and the keis power lead to run it all, I will look into the power consumption of all 3 parts later, maybe able to use just one lead from the battery, the plug sizes are 2.1mm x 5.5mm and 2.5mm x 5.5mm, adaptors are available on the net, I bought the 2 leads to run from the armpit to the gloves from a company called kenable for £2.65 delivered, keis wanted something like £9.99 per lead.