Author Topic: 2020 KTM Adventure.  (Read 3047 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Re: 2020 KTM Adventure.
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 22:34:56 »
Radar = active cruise control = disappointment ! Our electric Kia has the super swanky active cruise control and it's very frustrating. When on the motorway or dual carriageway and someone pulls out in front of you it slows you down to their speed, fair enough. BUT, it takes ages to realise that the people that once pulled out in front of you have now accelerated away and slowly dawdles back up to the pre-set cruise speed. Also it leaves a HUGE gap, so people undertake or overtake you and fill the gap in, slowing you down even more, ggrrrr....

The idea's great, if they can get it right and it's a big step forward in safety terms. It has once (as also did a former Mercedes GLC) nearly put us through the windscreen when it thought a traffic bollard was a hazzard and decided to just STOP. This could be an 'issue' on a bike... Not anti-tech, just saying it needs to be right.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 05:41:05 »
My DAF tanker has the same system, I can adjust the gap to the vehicle in front in the settings menu. I've adjusted it to the maximum distance because it weighs 26 tonnes. I use the accelerator to over-ride the system if it starts to slow and it is safe to overtake. Once the object has been cleared (no longer in front) I release the pedal and the cruise takes over. I suspect the DAF system is fairly crude but it does it's job in a way. Regardless the system can't look into the distance and observe traffic flow and react accordingly.

I think cruise on a bike is a great idea for the long boring grind to the interesting bits, the adaptive part is a progression.

Marketing as well. ###
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline TLPower

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 07:12:35 »
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 17:01:41 »
I can see the use of adaptive cruise control (if it works well) but I can't see why a motorbike requires blind spot warnings in the mirror. What's wrong with a shoulder check which you'd do anyway before changing lanes  :shrug:

Offline TLPower

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 17:04:34 »
I quite agree.

There is also an ash tray option.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 17:13:44 »
ACC would ideally also need to be linked to CVT,  I reckon. You could easily grab 40 winks with that setup.

Offline TLPower

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 18:59:19 »
40 winks you say....hmmm....

Do you think it could ride itself down to Worcester?

Walter Rohrl.

Offline superteso

• Bike: K1300GT my2010, V-Strom 1000 my2014
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 21:28:32 »
now they look more and more like cars, they almost don't look like bikes anymore.
mah  :shrug:

never again so  :auto-dirtbike:
si stava meglio quando si stava peggio