Author Topic: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers  (Read 34675 times)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
« on: September 10, 2009, 16:24:50 »
Hi All, have not had the time to sort out a proper presentation yet but I just wanted to let everyone know that the bespoke stainless steel covers I have designed specifically for all members are now completed! Andy has received the images and I would like to think that following his approval he will post them for all to see. Personally, I think they are fantastic. Anyway, I hope to have further details posted once I have received any guidance from Andy them we can talk membership discount on volume orders.

I am very happy to fit free of charge if you want to have a rideout!

Best regards, I have enjoyed doing them for you and I am looking forward to the visit by a member tomorrow.

Mark at Cymarc.

http://www.cymarc.co.uk
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 16:41:12 »
Come on folks, who is interested in some of this great looking kit?? If we can get enough orders then the price comes down  :thumb:

[attachment=2:107727j3]set.jpg[/attachment:107727j3]

[attachment=1:107727j3]Rad and oilcooler.jpg[/attachment:107727j3]

[attachment=0:107727j3]oilcooler.jpg[/attachment:107727j3]
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Tabbris

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 17:48:54 »
Is it only for V-stroms? :P

Offline MR TiGGer

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 17:58:17 »
They are most attractive but there's a lot of restriction for airflow, especially the oil cooler cover. And in summertime when giving the Vee some stick I notice how hot she gets when you drop into a 30 zone and the fan comes in pretty quick, fine on a soft and enjoyable pootle but not when upsetting power rangers.  :haha:

The mudguard extender is to me the most essential piece of kit, you can see how effective it is when coming to clean the bike, the oil rad isn't touched therefore protected,

Like I said, they look great but for me personally I want better airflow not restricted even more, but that's just a humble opinion :thumb:
Grrrr:-)

Previously: K7 DL650GT [Stolen by wife] K6 DL1000GT, CBR600F-V, DT-125, ER50

Offline Charlie

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 18:01:36 »
Need to know how many beer tokens I must exchange for these goodies,  and I will need them posted out.  Looking forward to huge bulk discounts when all 700 members decide to order all at once!  Charlie.

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 18:08:36 »
Yep, thoroughly understand your concern - really do. An even more restricted cover was tried out for 2 weeks during the blazing summer we had (remember?) with no reports of overheating however the bike was not given a good spanking I.e. it was ridden normally. The covers have been tested albeit by a friend of mine who now happens to be a member so I would encourage some communication with him to put to bed any fears over overheating - it is not for me to state his employment but I can say that he will always give a truthful assessment.

If he picks up on this thread I am sure he will comment.

Nonetheless, I still understand any and all concerns and, sincerely, am keen to develop the product to the happiness of all.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 18:11:06 »
blokes, as Andy has mentioned, qty will dictate price - I could go in at the evilbay price (fair as it is) but with some `getting together` I can reduce the price for you.

Just let me know, ideally via Andy because I feel he is the best person to co ordinate it all.

Regards,

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 18:18:06 »
Quote from: "cymarceng"
I feel he is the best person to co ordinate it all.

Don't let my wife hear that
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline kurley

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 18:23:44 »
Great idea. I'm interested in one of each for my 650

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 18:27:55 »
How much? And are they Stainless?
Stu :)))

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 18:31:35 »
They are grade 304 mill finish (then finished by hand) stainless steel. I have no idea if they will fit the 650 - all depends if the rad and cooler are the same. A member (Al) is visiting the factory tomorrow with a 650 and we will see. I am sure he will report to all. as an idea sets like this go for around £60 but I am hoping to bring this down quote a chunk if I can get the numbers up despite them being `bespoke` (the £60 sets are the mass produced jobbies, not the bespoke ones for you blokes).

Hope this helps.

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 18:39:09 »
blokes, while I have your attention you may also be interested in this spacer I have designed - once again it has been tested on a 1000cc Strom and returned an instant improvement on gear changing. It is on evilbay and is item number 110433066289.

Even if you do not wish to purchase any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline trevorpi

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 19:21:33 »
hi
this is what we are looking for .get together and save a few quid :grin:
have you been able to see if the kit will fit a 650

trevor
ride safe

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 19:23:26 »
Trevor, no not yet, if you take a gander up a couple of threads you can see what we are doing about it tomorrow morning if that helps?

Offline Mr. T

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 20:09:15 »
Thanks Andy and Mark, I am interested for my DL1000 K5, subject to price, I would love a jolly to sunny scunny, and it would be great to meet up with any of you passing Milton Keynes, or catch you further up the M1 or A1. Keep me informed Andy!
Mr.T a "Dad-cabs" veteran, available at competitive rates and, apparently,  24/7 * 365!!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 20:11:40 »
OK, thanks for your interest - lets see what sort of response we get and I will let Andy know a price and take it from there. Until I am topside of all of this I will run everything past Andy out of politeness and protocol (and because he wants some bling himself!).

Offline KatanaAl

• Bike: Suzuki DL1000XT & Suzuki Katana 1000
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 20:36:02 »
I'd like a radiator cover for my 650, I don't need an oil cooler cover as I have a Podia Skid Plate fitted.
Thanks
Alan

Offline barnetbarnet

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 20:43:05 »
I'd be up for a ' posted' pair of these for a 650, again according to price but less than £60 seems good.
Remember - Enjoy it!

Offline Sven

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 20:59:53 »
I was looking for some of these about 3-4 months ago & struggled to find any for a 650 (they are different to the 1000). Ended up buying off ebay from a German company (think the name was Rotamech or something like that) -otherwise I would have been interested in buying these.
One thing I would mention is that I had problems fitting the rad guard. The top edge of the guard (edge of metal & therefore sharpish) rubbed on the two brake pipes which go over the radiator. These pipes are, I believe, for the ABS so this would not affect any non-ABS bikes. I was not happy to leave it like this so had to take hacksaw & 2lb hammer and do some gentle adjustment to the guard until I was happy that it wouldn't cut through the brake pipe eventually. :shock:
Must say that I like the design these ones better than the ones I've got :GRR: ....... but they're a few months too late for me.
As a last note I haven't noticed any over-heating problems since fitting mine.

Offline GrandadsV

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 21:26:51 »
If the price is right, count me in for a set please Andy :thumb:
Dick

"Spike Malignant" That well known typing error.