Author Topic: Xitomer Rear Rack & Givi Top Box  (Read 299 times)

Offline V-Brom

• Bike: DL650 & ZX9R
Xitomer Rear Rack & Givi Top Box
« on: February 21, 2024, 00:38:21 »
Didn`t want a huge top box so bought an Xitomer Motorbike Rear Rack from Amazon for £46 & then an Givi E300NT2 Monolock Top Case for £50.
The Xitomer rack is very well made and fits easily. The holes are in exactly the right place for the Givi universal plate that comes with the Givi top box. However fixing the bolts was very fiddly. I used a magnetic wand thing to place the nut and washer underneath the rack and had to use 2 smaller length bolts as there wasn`t the clearance. Overall very happy with it.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Xitomer Rear Rack & Givi Top Box
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 11:17:07 »
A good job well done!  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 13:23:14 »
That's a nice job for when you want to carry some bits and bobs, but not a weekends clothes.
In my calamitous experience, fixings that are difficult to install are easiest to come undone and fall off. A dab of semi permanent thread lock might help.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 17:51:53 »
So you've a Givi box on a plastic Givi plate on an Xtomer metal plate on a plastic Suzuki rack? An odd sandwich.

Offline V-Brom

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 23:56:00 »
That's a nice job for when you want to carry some bits and bobs, but not a weekends clothes.
In my calamitous experience, fixings that are difficult to install are easiest to come undone and fall off. A dab of semi permanent thread lock might help.

Thread lock is a good call It`s got nylocks on it at present

It`s only really for my cooking gear and water containers for when I do a rally or a tour so nothing really heavy. My clothes will be in my throw overs and tent/sleeping bag etc in a waterproof roll bag on the back seat. 

Offline V-Brom

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 23:58:14 »
So you've a Givi box on a plastic Givi plate on an Xtomer metal plate on a plastic Suzuki rack? An odd sandwich.

Not a massive fan of the small plastic Suzuki rack to be honest. The metal rack is more secure than putting the plastic Givi mounting plate on with the supplied metal mounting brackets