Author Topic: Connect a com to a pillions phone (rather than another com)  (Read 1508 times)

Offline bonne

• Bike: DL1050 M0
I reached Barcelona, my destination. Here I am riding with a pillion without cuts for speakers in her helmet. It seems to me that it is not really possible to add a normal com there.

Is there a way to use the pillions phone (using the phones headset) to connect to my Sena comm.

I have tried to pair the Sena to the pillion phone in "universal mode", but the pairing fails. I have also tried to use the app BTtalk, but as I see it is uses internet, not BT (in spite of the name) and it works far from stable.

Any working suggestions?

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: Connect a com to a pillions phone (rather than another com)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 16:42:04 »
Hello bonne, hope you're enjoying your trip :thumb:
Can't think of a way to use phone (with wired headset?) and sena unit together, maybe best bet is buy a cheap pair of intercoms from a local bike shop, just to do a temporary job?  And operate on the helmet liner, make room for speakers...

having typed that, I now see you posted this a couple of days ago :roll:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline bonne

• Bike: DL1050 M0
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 21:42:24 »
I tried a few solutions now. most of them sucks actually. But the app "Helmchat" actually does the job even though it uses internet connection

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 22:55:05 »
It might be better to replace the pillion helmet and install a headset if it's affecting your enjoyment of your trip. The best thing me and the missus did when we went touring was sort out a decent Bluetooth comms set up. I'm fairly certain the likes of the Carberg Duke 2 modular helmet has speaker cutouts and is reasonable cheap for a helmet with a 5* Sharp safety rating (more than the Neotec 2 at c.£500)