Author Topic: Tool Tube for the Tracer  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Tool Tube for the Tracer
« on: April 12, 2016, 20:55:57 »
I was looking around for something to carry a puncture repair kit, CO2 bottles, disc lock, torch etc.  Tool tubes are cheap enough but are not a big as I feel I need.

I fixed a length of 110mm drain pipe in place of the right hand side case rail drilling bolt holes and using the rail fixings to hold the pipe in place. I glued a pipe connector on each end fixed a blanking plug/cap as a base plate to the forward end of the tube.  I used another blanking cap / plug as an entry/exit. To relieve air pressure when fitting and releasing the opening cap I drilled a small hole in one of the blanking plugs/caps utilising a rear carrier plate rubber plug (Givi) as a removable bung.

I may fit one of these on the left sideand use it as a holder for "Big Pie" electrickery and PD oiler etc

And yes this should have been posted in the "What have you done with your bike" section. Doh!

This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Tool Tube for the Tracer
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 21:38:42 »
Looking good and gives me an idea of what to do with the spare drainpipe in my garage  :thumb: