Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
V-Strom specific discussion / Oil filler cap
« Last post by Spadger2 on Today at 09:37:39 »
I'm looking for an oil filler cap for my 2020 DL650,does anyone know if they're the same for all year models and if not what year did the later ones came in.
The bike came with an after market one that takes a 6mm allen key to remove which I'm not keen on lasting,I would prefer a OEM one or one I can get a spanner on.
Anyone one any ideas,I've spent 45minutes searching on the web and can't seem to find any under £20😯
I'd keep an eye on it, it's possible the seal dried out if the bike has been stood for a while and getting everything hot has sealed it. As long as you're talking drips and not puddles then just monitor the coolant level. If you've got any big trips planned then maybe replace it as it doesn't look to be a huge job as long as what's leaking is purely coolant and no trace of oil. Mine lets a couple of drips out when it cools down after a ride but it's not got any worse in maybe 2yrs and I just top up a small amount of coolant each year. I'll replace the o-ring at my next coolant swap/valve clearance check unless it drastically deteriorates.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by nigel s on Today at 05:01:22 »
Suzie Stapleton,

I have the givis.
The o rings are key , to vibes or lack of.They should sit at the shoulder and not in the tube.
Mine have been vibe free for 20,000 miles so far. I think if it is vibrating then that means movement and that could mean damage to the o rings so I leave it all in place :icon_wink:
If it ain't broke...........
I noticed a buzz at around 5000 rpm when I made the changes last winter.
I researched it and from what I read it would probably be the bars rather than everything else I had changed.
Then before the recent MOT I checked er over and found the two Givi O'rings were nowhere to be seen and the joining piece was loose. The O'rings are useless as they just push into the openings and rip in the process.
So back to today, what to do on a cold wet Northumberland afternoon, I didn't feel like a nap so I dismissed that idea. Probably a mistake.
I've replaced the O'rings with thick plumbing washers, mira I believe. They're a very good fit and can be seen on picture.....just.
The connecting bolt is longer and rubber and steel washers have been added together with a rubber sleeve on the bolt that passes through the spacer.
We'll have to wait and see.
Interestingly when I saw the sleeve was loose prior to the MOT I gave it a twist and it went tight, the vibes also disappeared.
Upt.
North Coast 500 around Scotland. Sorry Bonne, didn't mean to hijack
For Sale (Bike related) / Re: 2007 DL1000 for sale
« Last post by Dark-Strom on April 29, 2024, 22:15:14 »
Fingers crossed for your sale.
Not sure he knows what he wants though, as a CBF1000 would make a good  tourer too  lol:thumb:
If you’re in South Gloucestershire you’re not far from the Sports Bike Shop at Abbywood.

They’re always helpful in there, and I always find it better to deal face to face.👍
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: Ratmobile conversion
« Last post by Joe Rocket on April 29, 2024, 21:54:51 »
Nice work by your chosen van contractors there FR. We have a local firm who do the same here too, some very nice conversions.  :thumb:

Here's a suggestion for a café stop on your next sortie on the continent, Café Rathaus at Staufen on the edge of the Schwarzwald, just happened to be there last week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10