Author Topic: signature pic been hijacked  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Catballou

Re: signature pic been hijacked
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 20:29:48 »
Yep I found it, looked OK in photo bucket
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
Re: signature pic been hijacked
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 08:47:24 »
I wonder if someone could have hijacked an image on photobucket and replaced it with something malicious - I've certainly heard of images being created that run javascript when called, and then the javascript can wreak havoc. The affected image could have also just been uploaded as a compromised file in the first place, most likely unbeknown to the uploader.

If there is a genuine pattern of the only threads being affected all including posts from one person, that probably suggests the 'bad' image is in their account

Irrespective of whether what I've speculated on is true or not, It's always worth bearing in mind that when you download an image from a website somewhere, all may not be as it seems.

If you have some form of image editing software it doesn't hurt to load it up and save it as a different file, it may remove any malicious entries from the image file, depending on the software used.
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas