Author Topic: New Member - low rev vibe help?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline darrenpwiltshire

New Member - low rev vibe help?
« on: November 05, 2008, 23:20:37 »
Hi all,

I'm a new member and own a 04 plate 1000 which generally is a fantastic bike and I love it apart from the standard of finish of things like the exhaust can connection clips which have rusted away and there doesn't seem to have any way of fixing them apart form fitting hosepipe clips - anyone any other ideas?

I am the second owner of the bike and it has cover 14k. Apart from certain elements of build quality, the only issues I have with it is that at about between 3000 to 3500 rpm there is a vibration from the chain - I think - which is driving me mad. The chain and sprocket are new and chain tension is fine, but it persists. If I accelerate very gently it doesn't happen. Anyone any ideas how to solve it. I was told the 1000's are a bit lumpy, is that what they meant?

thanks

Darren

Offline Catballou

Re: New Member - low rev vibe help?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 00:29:38 »
hello  :grin:

bugger all help though  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline KLV-Rider

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 08:17:04 »
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.... :grin:

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:28:11 »
Quote from: "darrenpwiltshire"
Hi all,

I'm a new member and own a 04 plate 1000 which generally is a fantastic bike and I love it apart from the standard of finish of things like the exhaust can connection clips which have rusted away and there doesn't seem to have any way of fixing them apart form fitting hosepipe clips - anyone any other ideas?

I am the second owner of the bike and it has cover 14k. Apart from certain elements of build quality, the only issues I have with it is that at about between 3000 to 3500 rpm there is a vibration from the chain - I think - which is driving me mad. The chain and sprocket are new and chain tension is fine, but it persists. If I accelerate very gently it doesn't happen. Anyone any ideas how to solve it. I was told the 1000's are a bit lumpy, is that what they meant?

thanks

Darren

Welcome in Darren  :grin:

The Suzuki's do suffer from a little bit of corrosion  :GRR:  but it is beatable with the right prevention treatments... I've not heard of the vibration issue before, I wonder if the new chain or sprocket is bent/distorted etc.?
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline VstromDan1000

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:40:04 »
Quote from: "darrenpwiltshire"
the only issues I have with it is that at about between 3000 to 3500 rpm there is a vibration from the chain - I think - which is driving me mad.

has the rear wheel been put back on straight?  it could be slightly off line??
CALM DOWN AND CARRY ON

4 wheels carry the body, 2 wheels carry the soul

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:50:10 »
Welcome in! lol

It's been so long since I last took mine out that I've forgotten if it vibes or not! :-(
No bike at present.......

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 13:12:45 »
Quote from: "Piglumps"
Welcome in! lol

It's been so long since I last took mine out that I've forgotten if it vibes or not! :-(

Get your backside up to N.Wales this weekend then  :neen:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!