Author Topic: And Another  (Read 2608 times)

Offline timberwolf

And Another
« on: October 03, 2008, 22:57:05 »
Hi all, I'm from somerset, just by yeovil. been riding a the big litre now for about two years, and  still loving it.
The bike is just ace !!!!
My wife rides also but thought the strom was a tad big so she now has a Honda cbf600.
Would like to do some rideouts and meet other strom owners, have only seen a few about so far..

Also I'm thinking of putting a power commander on the bike, would appreciate any in put from any one with any expreience of this on the strom.

Oh and I just today fitted a new set of pipes on the bike which are made by lynx!!!! never heard of them before but came across them and now think they are f%^&^%$ great.. any body else tried these????
hope to hear from you all soon.

Happy stroming

:grin:  :grin:

Offline MR TiGGer

Re: And Another
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 00:05:36 »
Helloooooo :grin:

I've discussed the Power commander issue with a long time Suzuki owner and fan on Gixers, according to him ... "Waste of money when all you need is a Yoshimora Box that will do the same thing for about £90" Not really looked into myself because of the money aspect. But the near £300 for the p/commander is a serious amount of dosh for the removal of the restrictions in 1st to 3rd gear?? Maybe too much for me personally. I think the Vee having more grunt than a pig having sex, is just fine as it is :grin:

And remember the big vee needs excellent throttle control in the wet as standard, without the restriction a little more respect would be needed or a major tank slapper is coming your way.

Each to thier own :)))

Grrr:-)
Grrrr:-)

Previously: K7 DL650GT [Stolen by wife] K6 DL1000GT, CBR600F-V, DT-125, ER50

Offline KLV-Rider

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 01:17:29 »
Welcome to the forum mate.... :grin:

Regarding the PowerCommander, I've met a lot of people who say their bike has been transformed by the addition of the PC, especially if they get it dyno tuned rather than the standard map, although again the standard pc map is a vast improvement over stock. Also with the PC you would need to disconnect the O2 sensor for it to fully work with a EU bike which means cutting a wire etc (no idea of the legallity of this for MOT). The 'Yosh' box is great but makes very crude adjustments when compared to the pc, but most bikes just need as little as 1.5% increase in the idle circuit to stop a lot of lean issues.

My bike ran great after a small adjustment of the yosh box, surged and hunted terribly when I first bought in 2005. Run's beautiful now... ;)

Oh, the PowerCommander in no way removes the restictions in any gears, it only changes the fueling. For de-restriction look at a Nikko G-Pack or a Timing Retard Eliminator.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:58:30 »
Welcome In  :grin:  

but I'm absolutely no help to you whatsoever  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Heebeegeebee

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:52:59 »
Welcome in.
Plenty experts here and I ain't one of them...... :grin:
Opera, just what the world needs, more fat women screaming

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 13:25:08 »
Welcome in  :grin:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Pimp my Bike

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 13:33:11 »
Welcome
Those who dream by day are cognisant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Offline Neville

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 15:36:22 »
Welcome!
 :grin:
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

http://www.rblr.co.uk
http://www.freewheelers.org.uk

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 10:17:42 »
Welcome in!
No bike at present.......

Offline pad

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 15:30:13 »
Welcome to the forums :-)