Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Screens

Givi Airflow - I've seen the light...!

(1/3) > >>

Artyman:
Okay. I'm not easily impressed with things. Some things do impress me. Things like Concorde, the Harrier Jump Jet, U2's Joshua Tree, Dolly Parton, chicken bhoona, Yorkshire tea bags and Vstroms.... So I've been looking at all the bla-bla about the Givi Airflow screens and I've been mulling it over...

Now I do realise that sometimes adults are like sheep, and bikers especially so. Someone gets a purple unicorn whirlygig on their bike and we all tend to follow suit, and being a bit of a sceptical old bar-steward I did wonder if all the Airflow blokes were just bolting on another shiny-bit.

So, because the buffeting from the standard screen is so crap I thought I'd give it a punt and buy an Airflow, all the time wondering if I was wasting my money.  It arrived on Saturday and I finally motivated myself and fitted it today. I went on very quickly and easily and in no time at all I was heading onto the road for a blast.

Wow.........!

Double wow...!!

It works....!!!

Its the dogs danglies....!!!!

Yeah. Standard stuff at standard speed but then I hit the open road. We've got a 5-mile stretch in the hills nearby which is very good tarmac with few cars in the afternoon, so that's where I headed and then I opened her up. I got up to Warp-speed ten and beyond just held it there and - she was sooooooo happy - and I still had my visor up.

Seriously, seriously, seriously impressed.  Its much quieter. No buffeting on my head and arms. Its brills.

So, I apologise for being so sceptical and long live the Givi Airflow.

BTW. I bought it from J & B Motorcycles in Boston. Ordered in the morning, despatched in the afternoon and arrived the next day. Brills.

Youngman:
I've just ordered a Puig for my birthday.
No blow jobs for me ...

purplebikeunicorn:

--- Quote from: Artyman on March 28, 2022, 18:34:32 --- a purple unicorn

--- End quote ---

You rang!?

I've considered the Airflow, still playing with adjusting the bottom of my OE screen (and perhaps one of those screen deflectors). Will do if nothing else works!

pb:
Screen deflector did nothing for me , so I had to go the airflow route which works brilliantly.

Artyman:
As much as it was good to ride her pre-airflow, it’s now become a pleasure to ride at motorway speeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version