Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Screens

It's not pretty.....but it works

(1/4) > >>

edstrom:
Like I said, it's not pretty but, here's my fix to the dreaded buffeting and the deafening wind which, I just couldn’t take anymore. It was ruining it for me.

I’d say it's probably 95% fixed. It’s transformed the bike for me. Just a little bit left on the arms and shoulders coming from the mirrors which I’ve already ordered replacements. Just some cheap ones from Amazon (evil company I know, sorry). But honestly, if it doesn’t work, I could live with that as it’s barely noticeable and, well, I am on a motorbike. A bit of wind is to be expected. It’s just pure curiosity now as I’m already happy to be able to see straight cruising at 80 lol (all smooth in the triples too:).

I’ll call this a successful prototype and work on aesthetics in the future. Got plenty of Perspex left, 4mm thick, from B&Q and I only paid a tenner for it as there was a big crack in it (perfect for my needs lol). Held on by Velcro bought from the Range, roughly 8 quid. Had the heat gun already to bend it.

Thoughts? lol

Rusty Nuts:
"The Lexan Lectern"!

If it works, fair play. The Givi Airflow isn't exactly a stunner.

grumps:
But the airflow works.

edstrom:

--- Quote --- "The Lexan Lectern"!
--- End quote ---

lol brilliant!

--- Quote --- If it works, fair play. The Givi Airflow isn't exactly a stunner.
--- End quote ---

I'm extremely happy with the results

Upt North:
I think you are to be congratulated Ed. I'm surprised in a market place where aftermarket screens are both accepted and plentiful that someone hasn't taken fairing extensions further. It's nothing new afterall, Honda offered oem optional deflectors going back 25 or so years on its tourers.
Well done fella, room for thought.
Upt'North.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version