Author Topic: Suzuki service activated warranty  (Read 832 times)

Offline Oldleathers

• Bike: Yamaha Tracer 9
Suzuki service activated warranty
« on: April 20, 2023, 19:44:32 »
Hi blokes
I took the vstrom 1050 xt to my Suzuki dealership today to book it in for its third service and was surprised to be told after the third Suzuki dealer stamp Suzuki will extend the warranty year on year until its seventh year or 70,000 miles, must be all Suzuki main dealer though. Very impressed. :lala:
Brian

Offline Adventure Boy

• Bike: DL1050XT M3
Re: Suzuki service activated warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 05:35:51 »
Brian what's the cost of the extended warranty mate
my BMW after the 3rd year was going to come to £350 per year !! that coupled with the mandatory annual service was something like £650-700 per year
although they are quite reliable (mates on his 10th year) on the same bike that's £3500 in warranty payments !! with no claims

Cheers
Rob

Offline Oldleathers

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 06:29:11 »
Rob your going to hate me for this but its free as long as all previous services have been done by Suzuki. Just for info this service is for oil and filter change plus change the brake fluid and a check over, the bike is only just coming up to 4000 miles at a cost of £150.00.
Brian.

Offline Oldleathers

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 06:36:55 »
Sorry Rob thought you were saying you still had the BMW but looks like you have the 1050xt, happy days for you. You can google Suzuki service activated warranty for all the info.
Cheers Brian.

Offline Phild

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1050XT
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 13:35:04 »
I’ve just agreed to buy a pre-Reg 1050XT, and that’s what I’ve been told. Get my annual services done with them and the full Suzuki warranty is extended,year on year, for up to seven years. Not sure if that only applies to the from new owner though.

Not an issue for me as the dealer is where I’ve had bikes serviced, before they became a Suzuki dealer.

They were a local independent, but are now Suzuki dealers. Same Owner, sales staff and mechanics I’ve been dealing with for a few years now.

Great news for me as I don’t have to use the big dealership with higher service costs and not so great Aftersales service.

👍

Offline Phild

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 14:57:49 »
To add to this, I’ve decided to take out the four year service contract as well.

Yep, lots of money, but if you want the extended warranty the services have to be done as per Suzuki requirements.

Total for the five services in four years (don’t forget the 600 mile service at £184 making it five) comes between £1800 and £1900…..😱

However, if you pay by direct debit over 48 months, the £600 mile service is deducted and they also knock off a little bit more. Waiting for confirmation, but I’ve been told it’ll be about £31 per month…..£1488. No price increases either.

The warranty is comprehensive, but obviously doesn’t cover the usual consumables.

To put that into perspective, I was offered a two year extension on a Fiat camper van I used to own and they wanted nearly £900…..that was just the van side of things and not the living area installations.

I no longer have the tools or patience to mechanically maintain my bike. I look after them, do the day to day stuff, but servicing etc is now down to someone else.

I know some will have a sharp intake of breath, but it suits my circumstances.

My insurance company have also offered me a Gap policy, guaranteeing a £10k value for 5 years. Normally I wouldn’t even consider this, works out at £55 a year…….I’m thinking about that as well.👍

Offline Adventure Boy

• Bike: DL1050XT M3
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 07:31:29 »
WOW that's a great deal compared to BMW the extended warranty is £450 per year on a 1250 GS and the GAP insurance was another £450 for 3 years
very happy at the extended warranty that seems a great way forward for Suzuki and us !!

Yes the BMW has gone Brian and to be honest I don't miss it if you look at the difference in cost between the 2 bikes, I bought a Brand new ADV350 with the difference to use for work, yes the Suzuki could have a couple of bits like quick shifter, self cancelling indicators but once again that would drive the price up I got mine Brand new with Metal panniers and top box, a years tax, on the road and delivered for £11,995 which is some £10k cheaper than the same spec 1250GS that I bought 2 years ago !!
Great bike not as good as the GS but a whole lot of bike for the money with the extended warranty what's not to love

any chance Brian you could share the company where you got the gap insurance

Cheers
Rob

Offline Phild

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 14:54:47 »
I’ve resurrected this thread with a cautionary tale……

It’s not a criticism, but something that needs highlighting from the Suzuki Service Contract Terms and Conditions.

After a very unpleasant mishap last Thursday, I’ve had to cancel the bikes 1st year service due on 2nd May. The bike is not very well and is waiting to be assessed.

The funds accumulated in my contract fund is £341. There is no option to cancel the policy unless within the first 14 days. The money can be transferred into another contract, for a new Suzuki Motorcycle, but no refunds are given.

I’ve cancelled my DD, as advised by the people who administer the policy, and will resume payments when the time comes.

So if you’ve got a Suzuki Service plan don’t assume you’ll get any money back should you decide to sell it for another non-Suzuki bike.🤷‍♂️