Author Topic: Shoei Qwest Problem  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Strommer

Shoei Qwest Problem
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:33:36 »
Anyone with a Qwest out there have this problem?  The rubber seal at the top has been worn down by one of the Pinlock screws.  It has been rubbing against the seal when the visor is flipped up and down.

Taking it to Infinity tonight to get it fixed under warranty.  Don't have a spare helmet though, so this will be interesting...

A disgrace to biking...

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: Shoei Qwest Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:33:51 »
I have a Qwest so I just went to go take a look at my helmet to see if this happens. Though the pins move past the rubber quite close they don't touch and there's no indication that they ever have. You can make them touch by pressing sideways on the visor while opening it.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline vwee

• Bike: 2017 NC750x dct
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 00:32:14 »
Just had a look at my qwest and its fine.Not related but since fitting the larger cheek pads I have to pop them back in every now and then

Offline mx_ritchie13

• Service Not Self
  • Bike: 2011 Suzuki V-Strom DL650, 1989 Honda C90
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:46:36 »
I've just looked at my QWest and mine appears to be fine. Hope they sort it for you.  :thumb:

Offline Strommer

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 12:16:18 »
I think I just messed it up by adjusting the visor too close.

Had to buy a spare helmet while it goes off for repair.  Must say the Qwest is simply twice as comfy as any other helmet out there - be glad to get it back.

A disgrace to biking...

Offline Oldie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:42 »
Picked up one from Hein Gericke today (taking advantage of their £40 coupon) and it is weirdly quiet, and very comfortable too. Asked for the pinlock to be swapped over for a light tint to compensate for lack of sun visor, so really pleased with my purchase. Ride home was fantastic - thanks for the earlier recommendations :thumb:
I can’t go back, I won’t go back
I’d love to go back but I mustn’t do that