Author Topic: Altberg Boots  (Read 3816 times)

Offline WonkyDonkey

Altberg Boots
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:15:01 »
Not sure if anyone is in the market for any boots but if you have some spare extra cash then try Altberg (http://altberg.co.uk)

I have the following boots (http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle_ClubRoad.jsp)  which were custom made for me due to certain prior indescretions with cars and motorcycles.

They cost me an extra £60 on top of the stated price on the website but up to now they have been the best boots I've ever had for biking. They haven't leaked once despite being put through LOTS of rain and foul weather and they are toasty warm but don't make my feet sweat.

Good for us adventure bikers and you are also able to walk around in them unlike some of the newer style power-ranger boots with inflexible stiffening inserts.
Whilst looking for the tree on the bend.... I hit a bloody pothole !!!

Offline VstromDan1000

Re: Altberg Boots
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 13:13:37 »
Altberg boot's are brilliant, I think they are the best boots I've ever tried without exception.  I've worn mine for inexcess of 16 hours in a day in total comfort.  They do need a bit of 'wearing in', but never leaked or caused cold feet, never to sweaty either.  (and the best bit is I get them for free!! :lala: )
CALM DOWN AND CARRY ON

4 wheels carry the body, 2 wheels carry the soul

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline WonkyDonkey

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 14:37:44 »
PM sent Dan
Whilst looking for the tree on the bend.... I hit a bloody pothole !!!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 23:38:30 »
I have a pair - not to flash looking but comfortable to walk round in all day and waterproof to boot lol couldn't resist it...

Offline steve1962

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:29 »
Still wearing the pair I bought in 2005 from their stand at the bike show at Beaulieu .
I've also ridden up to their place with a mate , as he got measured up for a pair - that was in 06 , and he's still wearing his .
All day comfort , and they can be refurbished - great boots .

Steve

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:14 »
Pick mine up next week  :lala:

Stu

Offline Orinoco

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 22:10:09 »
+1 Bought mine 6 years ago, Hoggs - the lace up ones, brilliant.  Have also got a pair of Hein Gerick's TRG chunky off road boots, but much prefer the Altberg's
Somewhere in Somerset

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 08:37:21 »
Quote from: "Orinoco"
+1 Bought mine 6 years ago, Hoggs - the lace up ones, brilliant.

me too, excellent boots. :clap:

Offline neltek

• Bike: V-Strom 650 GT 2010
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 11:14:29 »
is there a place to tuck away the laces so they don't get caught ?
V-Strom 650 GT

ex:
SV650 K6
MZ301
Gilera DNA

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 13:19:43 »
Quote from: "neltek"
is there a place to tuck away the laces so they don't get caught ?

sorry for delay in replying;

laces have never been an issue for me. I just lace up and then pull down trousers over top of boot and this suffices.

Offline Strommer

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 12:24:56 »
I have the clubman classics.  As an all-round boot they are unbeatable.  They do leak on the left boot though as they were an ebay purchase and clearly had been damaged (hence very cheap).

They still suffer from the waterproof liner stopping short of the top though  - like all boots seem to.  So there continues to be a element of top ingress if the troos ride up.  I now wear Yeti Gaiters over them in winter which makes them warmer as a well.  Once I get new (longer) wproof troos then I'll resort to naked boots.

In terms of protection... well I was rammed off my bike in September and they hit me on the sole of my boot twice.  That boot is undamaged.   :grin:

A disgrace to biking...

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 13:41:26 »
Warm too, not felt the cold whilst wearing mine!
Stu

Offline Arto

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 16:43:37 »
Just had my Clubman Roadsetr Micrlights refurbed £76 inc P & P , damaged bits of leather replaced, new lining,new soles. Good as new. I would highly recommend Alt-Berg boots.
1977 Honda CB400F in Yellow. Completely Bog Standard.

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 12:50:47 »
Mine leaked lastnight! Will contact them today. Not happy.
Stu

Offline Strommer

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 13:55:05 »
Once they're dry, take to the bathroom and fill 'em up with water.  That'll confirm where the leak is.

A disgrace to biking...

Offline beanster

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 17:40:00 »
I got my clubman classics last year (summer), super pleased with the service, they do take some wearing in though!
for the price £180 ish, I think they are well worth the money, its way less than the daytonas I had before, and they are hand made in yorkshire, now who could refuse that!
I got mine, because all the boots I've ever owned have been short on my long lower leg which means the trousers ride up over them which isn't very comfy, or attractive, these are way higher than anything around, they are like old style bike boots, they aren't all "blingy" but they do fit me, are waterproof, all day comfy, can be repaired, are made in England, to suit YOUR foot.
Id say get a pair!

Offline putbinoot

• Bike: WEE, KLX250, GasGas 250, GasGas 125
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 19:11:28 »
Got the clubman classic, but although I have never got wet in them I am not sure the fit is for me although I was in the shop to get fitted. I have always bought size 10 shoes (except work 9) but was measured there and my feet are a 9 so got a size 9 but feel they are at times to small and no good for walking about in. Think I may have to sell and cut my losses lucky if they have a couple of months use out of them.

Offline Strommer

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 19:19:10 »
Quote from: "putbinoot"
Got the clubman classic, but although I have never got wet in them I am not sure the fit is for me although I was in the shop to get fitted. I have always bought size 10 shoes (except work 9) but was measured there and my feet are a 9 so got a size 9 but feel they are at times to small and no good for walking about in. Think I may have to sell and cut my losses lucky if they have a couple of months use out of them.

I've pm-ed you with an offer.

A disgrace to biking...

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 20:36:32 »
Sent mine back, they tested and found the leak. They re-sealed the boots and sent them back. Not tested yet but will keep you all informed!!!

Stu :thumb:

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 19:49:00 »
They're still my favourite boots, had them over ten years now (only wear them for longer trips), The soles are so rigid and grippy I can fell-walk with them on (and have done to save pannier space!). Me and the wife went down t'yorkshire to have them measured up exactly and they fitted like...gloves! Never let water in, feel almost indestructible.
Must admit, maybe my feet have grown slightly, flattened out or summat cos they feel a bit tighter these days.
However +1 for altberg ! :banana-explosion:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi