Author Topic: Black Brompton Folding Bike  (Read 2174 times)

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Black Brompton Folding Bike
« on: May 07, 2022, 19:48:44 »
I bought a used Brompton 3 speed folding bike some years ago. I loved it so much that I bought another, a six speed in what they call "Raw" that is it's not painted but lacquered so you can admire the brazed joints, very nice in my opinion. I carry it in the boot always and it is well used.

To be honest, I mostly only use 3 of it's six gears and realise that the 3 speed was perfect. I gave the bike to my brother who then bought a mountain bike and gave me the Brompton back so, now I have two again and only need one.

There is only one tiny fault with it. I recently put it into a shop to have the gearing serviced because it was making a strange clicking noise. After two months waiting for a part to arrive (a rear sprocket) I got it back in perfect condition but didn't notice until I got home that they had broken the front mudguard blade. It costs less than £14 for a new one from Brompton,  the stays are in perfect condition and can be used on the new blade.

Anyway, it is for sale. I drove 140 mile round trip to buy it and paid £500 and hardly used it before buying the new one. I would like £450 pounds for it plus posting but anybody who would like to meet at Exeter services M5 could save postage.

I have lots of air guns and don't need another but would swap for a really good Weirhrauch HW77 with a decent scope or without the scope if the gun is like new. I have a HW100 and a HW98 and won't swap for anything other than the HW77.

Sorry, I can't post pictures but can send lots on Watsap or you could come and have a look and decide. If interested please send me a PM with your phone number if you would like the pictures sent.

Just to clarify, it is the black 3 speed for sale or swap. cheers. Jim.
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Black Brompton Folding Bike
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 21:06:54 »
Sold, Sold, Sold.
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.