Author Topic: New Annakee's  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Spike

New Annakee's
« on: April 18, 2011, 19:19:16 »
Being new to the biking world (test passed 2 years ago).

I have just had new Annakees fitted and was told to take it steady for 100 miles to scrub them in.

I was scared stiff after 800 yds, the bike turned so quick I stopped to check the back wheel, 5 miles later I got a little bit used to it and put it down to more rounded tyres. (the old ones had a flatish surface)

Do they tell you to scrub them in, as a way of saying you need to get used to the new tyres?

either way I get to ride a lot of miles in the next few weeks to get used to them,

I bought from http://www.motorcycletyres.uk.com/home.php  at a cost £151. fitted at the local bike shop I rode in and collected the bike 2 days later new tyres fitted £30.

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
Re: New Annakee's
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 21:06:42 »
They tell you to go easy because the tyres are covered in a releasing agent that helps them come free of the mould. This releasing agent reduces grip slightly but I rode mine home when fitted in the pissing rain and thought they still had more grip than my old trailwings

The Anakees have a different profile from the trailwings, but you'll have squared off your old tyres irrespective of how many roundabouts and corners you've scraped, both of which leave you feeling the bike is leaning over astoundingly quickly in comparison (I had the same shock in the aforementioned pissing rain  :auto-dirtbike: )
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas