Author Topic: TKC80's ???...  (Read 1322 times)

Offline stangbanger

TKC80's ???...
« on: February 26, 2011, 17:27:45 »
Hello blokes, I've been reading through all the tyre posts on various sites and other than the full on dirt bike riders  and madhead RTW adventurer types I've seen very little about the TKC 80 tyres. Anyone on here tried them I'm considering getting a spare rim and putting one on for when I know I'm going to be heading to dirty places. I found where the trailwings fail miserably... wet muddy grassy areas... no drive at all just constant spinning no matter how gentle you are with clutch and throttle.

Id be concerned about on road grip of the TKC80's with them being full knobblies but from the advertising blurb they are saying wet road grip is great??

Opinions please!

Jeff

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Re: TKC80's ???...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 16:36:55 »
I had a set on a spare set of wheels when I had a transalp as a second bike a few years back. The wet grip was not good, but to be fair the tyre was too big for the rim size, so not a fair comparison. A lot of vibration too but fantastic off road. They didn't see much use from me so I off loaded them on ebay with the wheels. The Distanzias which were on the other Tranny wheels were way better and not bad off road   :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'