Author Topic: Anakee 3  (Read 26639 times)

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Re: Anakee 3
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 14:04:33 »
Top post.. ^

Offline applecrossraider

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 16:55:08 »
Bike Tyres Leeds are doing a pair of Anakee 3s for £180 fitted, ride in ride out while you wait service, apparently Michelin are standing the fitting charges. Offer lasts till March 31st.

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 19:51:31 »
They look like they would likely do well as a road tyre in bad weather, like we often have in the UK. I can't see them being any kind of good off road unless the road is dry and well maintained. There's a reason why off road tyres have big channels and knobblies all over, a few fancy grooves isn't going to cut it. I'd be really disappointed if they stop selling the Anakee 2, they work so well for anything UK roads can throw at me.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Countrysailor

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 19:33:26 »
Quote from: "mg2959"
my local tyre supplier will order the pair, and do 'ride in' fit for £245 inclusive, which I thought was not bad :auto-dirtbike:
Who's your " Tyre supplier?" I need new tyres soon. ( Not Anakee 3's though' )
Keep it between the ditches...

Offline kennydies

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 20:30:58 »
Agreed. I am in the market for tyres and for that price I would get them now.
Don't Think, Drink!

Offline frez

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 21:07:39 »
Try all2wheelers in Poole then, as he did a pair of Anakee 2's supplied and fitted for me for less than that, but I am a regular with him, he does all my servicing, and my two son's and daughters bikes too. Even so, as you are in Bournemouth, get Mark there to quote you next time you need tyres and let him know I sent you.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline mg2959

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 16:59:46 »
Quote from: "Countrysailor"
my local tyre supplier will order the pair, and do 'ride in' fit for £245 inclusive, which I thought was not bad :auto-dirtbike:
Who's your " Tyre supplier?" I need new tyres soon. ( Not Anakee 3's though' )

Roadwheel in Fleet, north Hampshire, just off of junc 4A M3

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 20:55:25 »
Quote from: "applecrossraider"
Bike Tyres Leeds are doing a pair of Anakee 3s for £180 fitted, ride in ride out while you wait service, apparently Michelin are standing the fitting charges. Offer lasts till March 31st.

If you miss this deal and can pull the wheels off your bike, Bike Tyres Leeds will fit them for free anytime

Offline mg2959

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 11:17:58 »

OK so, firstly sorry for the delay in my review of these tyres. Had them fitted about a month ago now and have done just under 2k miles on them in some of the worst weather the UK can throw at us.

They feel very solid and well planted to the road. I have had zero problems withem in regards to movement or slide or weave etc.

They do feel more of a 'On Road' option to be fair, but I have done about 10 or so miles of of road, gravel and sand track, which was dry and they worked superbly. Not sure I would really trust them in the really muddy stuff.

On my travels over the last month I have been in Cornwall and with the rain the local farmers have been using there tractors to spread half of the contenst of theirs fields on the road (Nice of them). Agaoin this caused no issues, not one slide, or twitch.

I also did one 200 mile plus run in last thursdays down pour. The tyres performed very well at low temp and a lot of surface water.

I have been commuting in the ice and snow (be it all a light covering here in the south) over the last week. Again I can not fault these tyres whatsoever.

They turn in nicely and feel solid. My confidence is high and I would highly recommend these tyres to anyone who is looking for a change.

Cheers and happy and safe riding to one and all.  :)

Offline mg2959

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58:27 »
Umm, sorry for some reason my images from my flickr account don't seem to be working on here?!?

Any ideas?

Offline Jacko

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 12:07:41 »
Thanks for the feedback..

Offline kennydies

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 12:22:45 »
Quote from: "frez"
.... get Mark there to quote you next time you need tyres and let him know I sent you.

Frez, my colleauge here has recomended them as well (kamil or Bat-geek)

What is your name as I don't think Mark will recongnise the name "frez" ;-)
Don't Think, Drink!

Offline mjc506

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 13:11:16 »

OK so, firstly sorry for the delay in my review of these tyres. Had them fitted about a month ago now and have done just under 2k miles on them in some of the worst weather the UK can throw at us.

They feel very solid and well planted to the road. I have had zero problems withem in regards to movement or slide or weave etc.

They do feel more of a 'On Road' option to be fair, but I have done about 10 or so miles of of road, gravel and sand track, which was dry and they worked superbly. Not sure I would really trust them in the really muddy stuff.

On my travels over the last month I have been in Cornwall and with the rain the local farmers have been using there tractors to spread half of the contenst of theirs fields on the road (Nice of them). Agaoin this caused no issues, not one slide, or twitch.

I also did one 200 mile plus run in last thursdays down pour. The tyres performed very well at low temp and a lot of surface water.

I have been commuting in the ice and snow (be it all a light covering here in the south) over the last week. Again I can not fault these tyres whatsoever.

They turn in nicely and feel solid. My confidence is high and I would highly recommend these tyres to anyone who is looking for a change.

Cheers and happy and safe riding to one and all.  :)
fixed :)
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]

Offline frez

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 14:29:50 »
Quote from: "kennydies"
Quote from: "frez"
.... get Mark there to quote you next time you need tyres and let him know I sent you.

Frez, my colleauge here has recomended them as well (kamil or Bat-geek)

What is your name as I don't think Mark will recongnise the name "frez" ;-)

Phil although he would probably get it from Frez as that is a nickname based on my surname.

Offline mg2959

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 13:03:31 »
[/quote]
fixed :)[/quote]

Offline Chris D'Pirate

• Username: Chris DPirate
  • Chemist, Physicist, Pirate
  • Bike: K9 V-Strom 650
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 14:34:02 »
Bike Tyres Leeds are doing a pair of Anakee 3s for £180 fitted, ride in ride out while you wait service, apparently Michelin are standing the fitting charges.

So on Friday I rode up from Sheffield, and got a pair of Anakee 3s fitted to front and rear of the bike for £180, plus a years puncture repair warranty. I was a bit dubious about spending so much on a pair of tyres, but I've long since learned that skimping out now could cost me a lot more in the long run.

Done about 100 miles around Shef and Leeds and the peak district, scrubbed in alright - no slips even with a touch of snow in the peaks and the grit salt that has accumulated at junctions, turnings etc.

No sure if its the placebo effect, or just that of taking squared off trailwings off but I'm finding the bike easier to turn, lean, and feel a lot more confident to lean it further, despite the Anakees not being much wider than the Trailwings.

Will update with photos and more details on handling, hopefully will last me on my jaunt around Eastern Europe!

Offline frez

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 14:38:27 »
All new tyres feel easier to turn in at first because of the fresh round profile. It is not easy to compare similar tyres unless you are changing them frequently.

Online MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 19:52:15 »
£180 sounds like a very good price to me.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Jacko

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 20:17:46 »
£200 delivered for my last set of tyres for my zx6 (Z8 Roadtecs).. Then had to fit them.

I'd say £180 fitted is a great price for a pair of top tyres..

Offline neltek

• Bike: V-Strom 650 GT 2010
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:22 »
oh no  :)

had decided on Anakee 2
then last night saw the Michelin Pilot Road 3's and was tempted and confused
Now Anakee 3

I generally do roads only
Although some gravel patches and sandy roads, fields in Europe

Quite liked the idea of semi off road tyres to give me confidence on slight loose surfaces (probably all in my head  :crazy: )

Having come off and written off my SV in the wet I really want the most grippy Tyres I can find on as many road-style surfaces as possible

I guess all the above would be fine
but which one ?
oh decisions - too much choice!

:)
V-Strom 650 GT

ex:
SV650 K6
MZ301
Gilera DNA