Author Topic: VForce cans  (Read 2863 times)

Offline trophyrider

VForce cans
« on: May 22, 2011, 18:20:07 »
Just purchased a set of the above cans from ebay and they are due to be fitted next week prior to my run into Wales on Mon / Tues. They seem to be the same as most sub £300 exhaust cans. I will let you know once they arrive / fit and I am back from Wales. Removing the stock ones was quite easy and I did not realise that they were quite so heavy. Stored in the deepest darkest part of my green plastic shed for when part ex time comes next yeay and I purchase one of the following: Multistrada, Diavel, Tiger or Pan Euro!!!
Santa is real and he does have a heart!!
Ride free or die!

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Re: VForce cans
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 22:48:57 »
I hope your back is OK after lifting off the stock cans - those buggers are proper heavy ! I've never heard of those cans before , give us an update as to their performance gadge ?
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline trophyrider

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 20:04:08 »
OK so fitted the exhausts in about an hour, removed the pannier frames to do the job. Realised that the soft allen bolts were in fact so soft the allen key slot was round. Gentle persuasion with hammer and socket drive did the trick. Quite a sloppy fit on the junction pipe down below so had to slightly overtighten to secure. Not quite aligned in my haste to get them on. Refitted the pannier racks etc and used new s/s allen bolts. (Note to self replace allen bolts with torx bolts) Stood back to admire from a distance and to finish the 3rd cup of tea !!! Braced myself against the house wall and pulled the clutch in, prodded the starter and OH MY fecking GOD!! what a splendid noise from the rear of the vee. Sounds absolutely brilliant and how a v twin should sound. Gentle rev of the throttle and think I probably came in my pants!!! Neighbour came out and said he thought my car exhaust had fallen off (bloody cager) or the devil had pulled up on his black charger. Did a quick rev again and switched off.
Techy bit ..... travelled 630 miles to and from North Wales in two days, had a few sheep running and some wierd looks (forgot I was in Wales!) but all in all a very nice ride. Fuel consumption seems no change and apart from what feels like a bit more of a mid range rush seems to be the same as with stock exhausts. Unslung weight is quite a bit down but I am a big lad so probably no difference there, I put an extra pie or two in the topbox to balance things out a bit. Givi screen seemed to be OK, no buffeting at normal (!) motorway speeds and could still hear Queen in my headset. Belstaff suit purchased from another member was great, pissed down all the way there and only let a little rain in through one sleeve zip. Newly purchased waterproof gloves were'nt!
Ride free or die!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 20:07:23 »
:text-worthless:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline trophyrider

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 20:15:11 »
I wondered who would say that but pics are on the way once I figure out how to do it!!
Ride free or die!

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 17:44:20 »
Waiting with baited breath...
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline robsonthejob

• Bike: DL1000 K3 (thanks Grey wolf)
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 23:30:01 »
how did you get on with the vforce cans ?