Author Topic: Rode to Hastings today  (Read 917 times)

Offline Asmith61

• Bike: DL1000 K7, 2011 B-King 1300 , 1999 Triumph 1200 Trophy 2023 Harley Nightster 975
Rode to Hastings today
« on: May 31, 2021, 16:25:46 »
Ride out today in the Kent & Sussex countryside on the new KTM
First ride 2 up very impressed with this bike I had it set to street mode and the suspension was set to rider & pillion with luggage.

As I only picked the bike up on Saturday I am still running the bike in
I have done 170 miles so far.

My wife does suffer with a bad hip and we decided not to go to far for the first ride
So we decided to go to Hastings (from Ashford in Kent) the bike really handled well considering the was a combined weight of 40 stone  :whistle:
There was a lot of bank holiday traffic coming in to Hastings so a lot of stop starting and the bike was brilliant  :auto-dirtbike:

Got to do 600 miles for the first service which I have booked for June 22nd where they will also fit the extras I have bought ( spot light kit, engine bars, rad guard, they have already fitted heated grips )
Anyway enough of my wittering on it was a beautiful sunny day in East Sussex and we had fish & chips  :thumb:

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: Rode to Hastings today
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 16:52:06 »
KTM and fish and chips who would have thought. I am so relieved you like it mate, they really are rather good.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Rode to Hastings today
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 22:03:33 »
That looks a cracking day out  :thumb: