Author Topic: Cymarc Chainguard Failiure  (Read 2088 times)

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Cymarc Chainguard Failiure
« on: July 31, 2010, 14:54:19 »
During my trip to France last week by Cymarc Chainguard snapped at the rear fixing  ###  in doing so it also damaged the Swing Arm  :bawl:

The damage may not look much but as it's a new Bike I have to fix it. I priced up the specific paint, Etch Primer and lacquer and it comes to £60.00  :shock:

So based on that I am taking it to a paint shop to see what they will charge. Mark was quick to replace the Chainguard with a strengthened one and he even offered to contribute to the repair.

There is a statement from Mark at the bottom of this post.

From Mark,

“I have just had the second reported failure of one of my early 650cc chain guards. Why I do not know but since the first reported failure I have placed a strengthening plate on the chain guard with no reported failures of this modification as yet. If any member has the old style 650cc chain guard I will replace it free of charge with one of the new strengthened type which also comes with the design holes down the side.

All you have to do is to return it to me, along with your address and a new one will be made and sent to you along with a refund of your postage.

I am very sorry about this but I am keen to replace every one I have sold at my expense.

Thank you,

Mark Hooton”
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Sparx

Re: Cymarc Chainguard Failiure
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:57 »
sent my broken guard back 2nd class post on Monday, received Heavy duty replacement Friday,
Excellent responce from Mark :ty:
Rode fast - Too old to 'die young'!