Author Topic: Goodbye for a while....  (Read 3504 times)

Offline loggamatt

Re: Goodbye for a while....
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 18:44:08 »
I worked for the Police for a while (as civilian staff)... in my experience, they were all just normal blokes really. Whatever they may say officially, privately they probably hate the more stupid officious laws even more than we do because they have to enforce them! I'm not convinced there's a higher proportion of arseholes working for the Police than there are working in any other career... Good Police will exercise their powers of discretion too.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 13:19:34 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
Blokes, try to remember that this is a public forum. We have police officers on the forum who are active members, you just don't know who they are. Not every policeman is a tosser who couldn't give a damn about their job. In fact, most I've met are the opposite and just caught up in all the ludicrous red tape of the law. Anything you post here can be read by EVERYONE with internet access. It's searchable via Google too.

But remember this is a sort of democracy & we all want to know when you do come across a tosser :grin: , and do be careful what you write, it can be held against you if it's untrue, or gores agsainst the public opinion of the day,  but old Juvecu is uber careful as he is just used to the South African regime & he'll soon get used to our free speech ways
 :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 13:33:50 »
Just saw your signature picture, Cat. Grats! Almost 5 months :clap: I bet food tastes great now? That was one of the best things for me when I quit smoking :)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 14:13:07 »
I too have a Plodding chum or two and fine fellows they are.

However, a couple of years ago I had the misfortune to meet a police officer who was a total cnut. Has this changed my attitude to all cops?

Well, yes, it has actually. I don't trust them any more.

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 14:22:23 »
As with all groups of people, there are good ones and bad ones... but my experience with them leads me to believe that there's a disproportionate number of bad ones (or "jackboots" as I like to call them).
The kind who behave like Eric Cartman ("respect my f**king authoritor"), lie about your civil rights (and trust me, they do lie), violate your freedoms (such as freedom to record them while they're victimizing you), treating victims like criminals, confiscating drugs from people to enjoy themselves (and I've witnessed that more times than I care to count). I've even been grabbed randomly in Bolton town centre (when I was unfortunate enough to live in the North-West) by two "officers" and illegally searched!

Sorry, but it's impossible to have any respect for a group so disproportionately abundant with assholes!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline skipper

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 14:26:10 »
There is nothing wrong with stereotyping or generalising, its part of our genetic defence system. It helps us avoid things that may do us harm and use caution when we encounter, the biker hells angels and the police arseholes, and by the way aren’t all car drivers dummies and don’t we all use caution when on the road with them. So forget political correctness and keep generalising its worked for the past 500,000 years.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 17:41:18 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
Just saw your signature picture, Cat. Grats! Almost 5 months :clap: I bet food tastes great now? That was one of the best things for me when I quit smoking :)

It tastes tooooooooooooooooooooooooo great  :lala:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Goodbye for a while....
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 20:02:14 »
I used to have the upmost respect for our Police, back when they actually did the job we needed them to do.. Nowadays I wouldn't pi55 on one if they were on fire, the respect I once had slowly eroded over the last 15 years of politically correct pussy footing and criminal pandering.. They only police those who consent to be policed and always seem to go for the soft target.. Real villains and large groups of mass offenders get regularly ignored for an easy life nicking folk doing 35 in 30 limits..

What happened to kicking down doors and nicking scumbags?

*sigh