Author Topic: Virus!  (Read 21320 times)

Offline Graham62

• Bike: DL650 K6 Blue
Re: Virus!
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2020, 00:05:15 »
Best wishes to both your mum and dad Mick.

@brockett that's a nice fully scaled mirror there.
A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Graham

Offline falkland bomber

• Bike: Kawasaki Versy's 1000 Grand Tourer
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2020, 09:50:41 »
Well it's official I feel like we have become a 3rd world country today went to my local Tesco at 08.00 dastardly a soul about but not surprised when I saw all the empty shelves.

Those were in store no evidence of any panic buying just people like me moaning about the Tw#### that do this whole situation has gone too far.

Are we prepared to bankrupt this country just to save the NHS all our jobs and businesses where is the British stiff upper lip.

We fought countless wars to keep our freedom and just roll over at a bit of a cold.
Sorry this is turning into a rant but I didn't defend my country for 23 years just to put the white flags up now.
 :dl_soapbox:
Old Bald Soldier

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2020, 12:14:32 »
We've had a Saturday delivery from Tesco for the last 5 years, this morning was exactly the same. Everything was included apart from eggs. Popped into the local Aldi and there were plenty in there so we bought half a dozen for next week.

To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2020, 13:05:49 »
Fry a couple really thin on both sides and pop them in a jiffy bag and post to me at Brockett Towers.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline TLPower

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2020, 13:08:05 »
 :thumb: they're on their way. :thumb:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2020, 13:47:00 »
@falklandbomber you do know it's not really 'a bit of a cold' ???

We can all do our bit for each other by limiting our contact and not panic buying... Thankfully the supermarkets have acted on the latter now.

Stay safe people.

Offline welldc

• Bike: DL650 K8
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2020, 18:29:03 »
Wife's birthday today, so after a week at home, we went for a drive into the Peak district with a view to a bit of a walk.
It was heaving. Car parks rammed. Hordes of cyclists, big groups of walkers.
I've never seen it so busy.

I'd be a bit of a hypocrite to say 'don't these people get the message' but our intention was to get away from everyone, not park with 200 other cars and queue for icecream.

Offline Domenico

• Bike: V-Strom 1000 2019
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2020, 21:14:54 »
Today's figures here in Italy:
42.681 infected people  (+ 4.821 in one day),  cured people 6.072 (+943 in one day). Victims reach a total of 4.825 (+793 in one day).
Please, stay home as much as you can, it is not a normal flu or cold. Hospitals can help only a limited number of patients.
Whereof one cannot speak
Thereof one must be silent.

Offline endintears

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2020, 21:59:20 »
@Domenico

793 dead yesterday
7,930 dead in ten days time.
72,000 dead in three months time?
That's of course just using the current daily figure in your country which in reality is still rising.

Personally not actually feeling that worried as I sit here (in the UK) but I'm really beginning to ask myself why not :crazy:

Thank you for the warning Domenico and I hope you and your family manage to stay safe.

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2020, 23:11:08 »
Unfortunately the UK is still in the denial stage. But there's a reason the world economy is tanking.... governments don't take this kind of action lightly.
My missus (nurse) came home from work yesterday with a high temperature, feeling unwell and a cough. She's now self isolating upstairs, while me and the kids will be staying inside (apart from the back garden) for the next 14 days. We had been doing the shopping for our elderly neighbours for the last few weeks - albeit there's little to buy for them, but can't do that for the next few weeks and there's no availability for online shopping for them. Sad times people.

If you think this is something on the tv in that there London, or far away lands, do think again. I think the official figures of infected around here is low, but I know of half a dozen doctors/nurses with high temperatures and coughs, but none have been tested so don't count as figures.
Take care people, and let's ensure we're all ready to ride  :auto-dirtbike: when this is all over  :thumb:

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2020, 23:23:48 »
Certainly a sobering thought...  :groan:.

Currently I'm still required to work as my trade isn't required to close and some how were are doing better than we thought considering the circumstances.
Here's the problem, there's only 3 of us so, if one of us gets any symptoms that's it,  I'm hoping we can change the way we work which is on my agenda first thing Monday morning because we always work very closely with our customers and their bikes so, we need to protect ourselves.   

The government are taking measures and I get their idea but people are not listening as I witnessed today so I may just take Matters into my own hands and take unpaid leave and sit this out for the duration, the rest of our family are all at home so we may just do the same. 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2020, 23:27:38 »

Offline TLPower

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2020, 06:03:22 »
Thank you SimonW for sharing.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2020, 13:44:36 »
The clocks go forward next weekend.

If they could go forward to August then that would be good.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Domenico

• Bike: V-Strom 1000 2019
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2020, 20:06:20 »
Thank you for the warning Domenico and I hope you and your family manage to stay safe.

We are confident that the numbers will progressively decrease as result of correct social behaviours, which is at the moment the only vaccine available. Percentages are showing some little positive signs in the last two days (I'm talking about Emilia Romagna, my region).
Whereof one cannot speak
Thereof one must be silent.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2020, 21:11:42 »
Fingers crossed that things start to show improvement Domenico. The government here thinks we are about 2 weeks behind Italy on the severity curve. There are some possibly scary days ahead for us in the UK. People here don't understand about keeping a safe separation from other people. It was a sunny day here today and there were groups of people going out for walks. You could only shake your head in wonder. Stay safe. With the right attitude and measures it will pass.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Pannier Down

• Bike: DL1050, BMW R1200RT LC, Honda CD200 T Benly, Honda C50 Cub
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2020, 22:14:06 »
I took some flowers to my mum and dad's grave today. The M40 was less busy and London generally easier to traverse, but I was astonished at how many people were on Clapham common.  There was not much social exclusion in evidence.

The only bright note was I felt positively encouraged to keep my helmet on in the Shell garage.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2020, 10:55:40 »
If anyone knocks on your door and says they need to stick their fingers up your bum for a Coronavirus test...
Don't do it ... Its a scam.. :shock:

I feel so stupid and embarrassed now ..  :dl_smiley_banghead:
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2020, 11:26:32 »
Oh... I'll cancel the results appointment then...
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2020, 11:48:48 »
It may well be a scam, but if it helps relieve the boredom.....