Author Topic: Givi airflow fitted  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Alex9

• Bike: 2013 white glee
Givi airflow fitted
« on: May 21, 2014, 20:51:50 »
Givi airflow arrived  from motorbike & parts today. £108.90 with members discount. Took a test  ride around the M60 this afternoon, still playing with settings, but much improved and rode with visor up for the first time on the motorway   :) . One downside I didn't expect was how much warmer it is riding with the airflow compared to the standard screen.

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
Re: Givi airflow fitted
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 19:44:54 »
MIne's coming tomorrow. Oddly enough, it's coming from Motorbikes and parts via Bikebitz. Glad it's on it's way, one or two have reported problems ordering from or contacting Motorbikes and Parts, though I've bought stuff from them before without hassle.

Offline Alex9

• Bike: 2013 white glee
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 20:54:09 »
I've had  3 or 4 deliveries from Motorbikes & parts, always fast prompt delivery. I selected  DPD as delivery courier, don't know if that makes a difference. the driver arrived within 2 minutes of forecast time! Let me know how you get on with the  screen.

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:36:11 »
Just back from a touring holiday in France, using our MH and Glee ( Bike did 1600 miles in France). Fitted Givi Airflow just before we sent off on the Glee. IMHO makes the bike look classier and also makes the bike a longer tourer, as buffeting is sorted. An essential upgrade in my book.

WM

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 16:27:53 »
200 mile test yesterday. It works. Much improvement.
Motorbikes and Parts spot on for service, working with Bykebitz on some stuff now apparently. Forum discount makes them unbeatable for price.
Not happy with DPD, but that's not Motorbikes and Parts fault. £5 surcharge for Saturday delivery!

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 21:15:22 »
Quote from: "Rusty Nuts"
Not happy with DPD, but that's not Motorbikes and Parts fault.

I agree about DPD their service is crap, but it's nice to know people with severe learning difficulties can find employment...
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 14:50:28 »
I'm considering after a 60 mile trip to the Bike Show yesterday at motorway speeds which was not comfortable due to the buffeting.

I'm 5'10" with a normal seat fitted to the bike '58 DL650)

Are you people still happy with this screen?

Thanks

David
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline Chris Harnan

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 07:56:50 »
Had the bike 3 weeks now and done 450 miles. Fitted Cymarc peg lowering (very good) and a Givi 58l topbox which is big but seems to work well and take 2 helmets. I was worried it was going to be too big but seems manageable.
Have played endlessly with standard screen using a Palmers adjustable bracket but nothing seemed to work - buffeting etc etc. Fitted a Givi Airflow last night and the trial this morning was a revelation - buffeting gone and face warm with visor up. Seems to do the job.
Only downside was a pheasant which struck the top of the screen and then me on the head! Not sure how the pheasant was after that but I am still in one piece. Maybe should have stopped to pick up and have tonight.
In conclusion, I am 5'10" and the screen works for me.  :)
Chris

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 16:02:05 »
Thanks Chris - that's encouraging.
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline Chris Harnan

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 08:56:23 »
Rode to work this morning in medium rain with the new Airflow. Virtually no rain on upper body or face. What was most interesting is that the rain slides off the screen over the 4 inches at sides and top radially outward ie in the centre of the top it flies vertically upward. The flow between the screens moves very slowly upward.

At the risk of trying to be an engineer, the 'Venturi' theory really does seem to work. The slight airflow between the screens allows air to go behind the screen and increase the air pressure, avoiding it being sucked into the cockpit area due to pressure differences.

Well pleased to date!

Chris

Offline Ccmp

• Bike: DL1000 K3
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:45 »
Read and learnt a lot here before I purchased. Givi airflow arrived on Friday. Fitted to existing madstad bracket last night. Drove to work this morning. Slow enough through a couple of sets of lights. I could feel the cold on my face so I moved the upper screen half way up. It was at the bottom.  Hit the dual carriageway. After a couple of miles I decided to lift my visor, only to find that it was up already. Left it up and wound her up to 100 on the clock. No buffeting on my head at all. Chuffed but I found the height of the top screen slightly intrusive. I’ll play around with lowering it slightly.  Really easy to adjust from the seat also.

Offline listermint

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 19:52:06 »
Did this Fit the madstad with no issues? Getting a madstad but unsure if it will resolve the buffering

Offline Ccmp

• Bike: DL1000 K3
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 13:54:26 »
Madstad fitted no problem. On it's own it did not eliminate buffetting. Combined with the airflow buffetting gone.  The airflow on its own would probably do the job, but the flexibility of using the madstad is still beneficial.

Offline biglad

• Bike: DL650 L3
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 11:10:15 »
I ordered mine from motorbike and parts which arrived yesterday. I fitted it last night to the top mounting holes on the bike and set the screen to half way up.

What a difference this morning! Wish I'd done it a long time ago! Well worth the cash.