Author Topic: Givi Airflow on Glee  (Read 5113 times)

Offline Mitch

• Bike: DL650 L2
Givi Airflow on Glee
« on: July 30, 2012, 19:21:47 »
Just fitted a Givi Airflow to my Glee. I'm 6ft4 and needed something to finish the bike off (for now) .
I will let you know if it reduces the wind noise.
VSTROM - ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE

Offline Mitch

Re: Givi Airflow on Glee
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 21:34:15 »
Just been out for a gentle run. screen now sits about 8inches higher than the stock screen does on the high setting. It seems to cut down on noise a fairbit especially upto 60mph . Learnt to ride on a CBF500 with no ear protection which still seemed silent windwise compared to my modded Glee. Could the mirrors really be that bad they are causing all the airflow around my helmet. They are on extenders. Any tips welcomed.

Offline JamesC

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 21:38:01 »
Fitted the Airflow to my Glee last week and am really impressed with it. I'm 5'11" and it works fine for me at about the half way mark. Since then I've put some of the Aprilia mirrors on and that has helped reduce the buffeting around my arms and body.

James

Offline Mitch

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 21:02:47 »
Also just added a set of Aprillia mirrors as seems to be the norm for V-strom owners. I will advise of the results the morrow.

Offline Mitch

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 14:13:02 »
Taller screen combined with Aprillia mirrors seems to have made a noticeable difference. Can now ride with the visor up comfortably to around 70ish. Also not had to clean the helmet visor once since the changes, which proves less airflow is hitting my noggin. Thumbs up to Rocket Centre for prompt despatch of new mirrors. Forum discount applied on request. Said he was selling hundreds of sets of mirrors to Stroms worldwide which proves stock mirrors are pants.

Offline Drew 3

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 20:02:36 »
Hi folk's, can you tell me where you found best to get your Givi air flow screens from. Looking to get one for my Glee either mail order or a local (coventry) supplier. I could have sworn the glee I test rode diddn't have as much buffeting as mine. Oh well, ho hum, hear's hoping the Givi will work for my 6' frame!!

Offline paulo

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:27 »
Thinking of getting a Givi Airflow 3101 for 2012 strom, does anyone know if it fouls the oem handguards?
cheers

Offline mr_mal

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:17:56 »
Quote from: "paulo"
Thinking of getting a Givi Airflow 3101 for 2012 Strom, does anyone know if it fouls the oem handguards?
cheers

it's fine with the Suzuki ones

Offline mr_mal

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 19:27:48 »
Quote from: "Mitch"
Taller screen combined with Aprillia mirrors seems to have made a noticeable difference. Can now ride with the visor up comfortably to around 70ish. Also not had to clean the helmet visor once since the changes, which proves less airflow is hitting my noggin. Thumbs up to Rocket Centre for prompt despatch of new mirrors. Forum discount applied on request. Said he was selling hundreds of sets of mirrors to Stroms worldwide which proves stock mirrors are pants.

interesting - are you on the taller seat as well?

I'm 6'2" - tried the airflow but snt it back and settled with my x-creen - but by no means perfect.  ended up taking the mirror off in the end, but haven't tried different mirrors yet...