Author Topic: V-Strom (all years) Footpeg Lowering Kit  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
V-Strom (all years) Footpeg Lowering Kit
« on: June 23, 2013, 15:42:42 »
The V-Strom is a very comfortable, upright bike, but for me the bend in my knee was a little much over distance. I fitted the Cymarc Foot Peg and Control Lowering Kit what a stunning difference.

1. First Impressions/Unboxing Impressions

Quality engineering and a quality powder coated finish and the kit came will all the required parts including a replacement split pin for the back brake lever (nice touch)

2. Initial Setup/Installation

The installation is extremely straightforward, however, I did have the sense to take a photograph before I started (this was intended for this review), lucky really because once fitted I instantly realised that I had put the gear linkage back on 180 degrees out which meant downward selection on the gears had the opposite effect (2, 3, 4 etc.)  <!-- s:shy: -->:shy:<!-- s:shy: -->

The back brake rod needs extending and this is taken care of by a simple coupler (supplied in the kit). All in all, 15 minutes either side  <!-- s:thumb: -->:thumb:<!-- s:thumb: -->

3. Real World Testing (how did it perform)

The difference this small modification made (for me) was a transformation, I can't recommend it enough.

4. Specs & Other noteworthy facts

Supplied here Cymarc Foot Peg and Control Lowering Kit

5. Tester's Opinion (summary)

Superb, buy one   :thumb:

6. Star Rating

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

1 star = piece of crap
2 star = maybe I should have done more research before buying this?
3 star = decent bit of kit for the money
4 star = better than expected with some nice extras/features
5 star = does it have a sister I can marry?! (aka I will buy this again!)

7. Pictures

*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!