Author Topic: anakee 2 (help)  (Read 2071 times)

Offline RobWales

anakee 2 (help)
« on: September 11, 2013, 18:36:44 »
replaced the trailwings  on my Glee with Anakee 2 today as they had squared off quite badly ,ride in ride out service ,previous owner commuted on a motorway daily,anyway jumped on the bike to ride home taking it steady, first corner and the bike banked much more than usual,and all the way home I found myself having to correct my cornering as if the bike was overly responsive,is this normal ? and did I just get used to riding with a badly squared off tyre,looking for some reassurance that this is normal as I found it quite unnerving especially in the wet.

Online MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Re: anakee 2 (help)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 18:39:17 »
I reckon the squared off tyre was making it harder for you to turn and the new tyre is just turning very quickly as a result of you being programmed to push harder with the square one.

I doubt anything is wrong and expect you will now get used to the new tyre and everything will be OK again.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
anakee 2 (help)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 18:57:43 »
Get used to it, that's the difference between a brand new good tyre and a worn out lesser model. Quite remarkable isn't it, and quite normal.

With the square TWs you were having to fight to overcome the ridge at the edge of the square area and get it onto the curvy edge, the bike doesn't want to come off that flat bit as it has to raise slightly to get off it. With a new rounded profile there is no fight, just easy, rounded leaning.

Oh, and if you square these new ones off, and run them until they're illegal, exactly the same thing will happen next time you put a new set on. :)

Offline loggamatt

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 19:14:08 »
Yeah, I had this when I swapped my squared off TWs for Anakee 3s... where before I was having to put a little effort into steering, now I just need to think about leaning and the bike is already doing it. Really good fun. Shame it won't last forever and these tyres will be squared off soon enough too!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 19:42:44 »
It's the profile on the Anakees, much better at cornering than the Trailwings. I've ridden a bike with Trailwings and stopped to check if the cables are routed properly because I felt it wasn't turning. Turned out it was just the shitty Trailwings :)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline skinny5216

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 20:02:18 »
Nothing wrong with the Trailwings, any tyre will square of if you just ride in straight lines  lol  lol

Offline neltek

• Bike: V-Strom 650 GT 2010
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 20:11:34 »
Yep Anakee 3 roll into corners very easily

I did have squared off Trailwings before

However I would say the Anakee 3's are much better at being planted too
V-Strom 650 GT

ex:
SV650 K6
MZ301
Gilera DNA

Offline RobWales

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 21:48:44 »
thanks for the feed back its what I suspected but I couldn't believe how much difference it made,it really has changed the handling of the bike,another mystery solved.

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 13:20:17 »
I did exactly the same :) first roundabout and I pulled her over and almost into floor haha :)

Makes you relise what a difference it makes
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 21:14:24 »
Look at that title, Josh!

"2013 Quad Bike Champion"

Another award you can proudly boast about  :thumb:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog