Author Topic: Where to buy in the UK, L2 650 adjustable lowering links  (Read 498 times)

Offline crazyhorse

• Bike: DL650 L2
Hello

After fitting a after market saddle to my L2 650, I find that the seat height is too high.

I have  a couple of sets of lowering links (150mm & 155mm) which make the bike sit too low for my dodgy knees.

So if anyone out there has used a set of those adjustable links, and find them up to the job, please let me know where you purchased them, and how easy they are to adjust.

Any information on all types of lowering links would also be helpful.

Cheers
Crazyhorse

Offline daveged

• Bike: DL650 - AL2 - 2012
Re: Where to buy in the UK, L2 650 adjustable lowering links
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 22:33:56 »
Lowered my L2 by 50mm -can now get both feet flat on the floor - have not noticed any difference in the handling-may lower the front when the weather warms up -just normal links not adjustable ones !

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 07:02:12 »
Take care when installing too long lowering links (aka lowering by too much).  The rear suspension often has to be set up correctly / re-worked, after installing longer dog bones. If the rear shock work is not done, the rider with additional weight load, could cause enough shock compression to allow the rear tyre to rub against the underside of the mudguard tupperware, as discussed in https://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,10894.0.html

https://www.adventuretech.biz/how-much-raiselowering-do-I-need.html shares good advice on how to measure the correct length of lowering link and https://www.adventuretech.biz/2014-DL1000--dl1050.html provides additional info.
Remember the side stand length may have to be re-worked.

Offline crazyhorse

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 17:31:43 »
Hi

Thanks for the links, and I have done business with AdventureTech in the past, and my desire for lowering links would only be for some at 145mm.
These would be more than enough for my knees to be thankful, as they would lower the rear by approx. 15mm.

I have emailed AdventureTech for an idea on the postage rates to the UK.

Cheers
Crazyhorse

Offline sillyboy

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 20:58:58 »
I have probably got it wrong but the seat to peg distance won't alter with lowering links. I presume that is what is bothering your knees.

Offline crazyhorse

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 15:14:39 »
Hi

My knees forgive me a lot when I stop the bike and the ground is not too far away from my toes!

Have always suffered from "Ducks Disease", and being a fat b*****d, have always had trouble from finding textile riding gear to fit.

That's enough of my problems though!

Cheers
Crazyhorse