Author Topic: Tilt switch  (Read 1336 times)

Offline pad

Tilt switch
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:46:49 »
didn't quite get the sidestand down fully this morning so had to lay the bike down for a quick nap  :oops:
I picked it up quickly but now it won't start.....I vaguely remember a tip over cut off switch?? do I need to reset it and if so where is it?

Ta
 :thumb:

Offline pad

Re: Tilt switch
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:05:45 »
Just been down to check it out properly. Left hand guard/pillion peg scuffed and a small mark on the end of the gear selector. Bike did the normal start up checks (needles going round and back) but it will not start, doesn't even turn over. It seems to be stuck in neutral.....will not change gear up or down :dmn:

Offline fozberry

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:05:37 »
That sounds troubling.  I don't think it will be the tilt switch - I've layed my DL1000 down a couple of times and a warning appears on the dash which says "FI" but after picking it back up again, just switching the ignition off & on makes it go away and the bike starts normally.

Can't think what else it could be either.  Sorry I'm not much help :(

Fozberry
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.

Offline Stumpy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:47:58 »
Try wheeling the bike backwards with the clutch in and trying to change the gear selector.  I sometimes find that if I switch my 650 off at the ignition with it in gear then when trying to restart the bike the gear selector won't move into neutral unless I move the bike a little whist trying to shift down/up.
Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

C code. C code run. Run code run…please!

Offline pad

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 13:10:05 »
Sorted now, Quick call to Suzuki Rochdale. It was the clutch connector plug under the left handguard, Knocking the guard had popped the connector out. :thumb:

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 16:11:22 »
Glad to hear it's sorted! We'll all need to watch out for that one. Somebody in Suzuki Rochdale knows his stuff!

Come to think of it, maybe you could use this little trick as an immobiliser when you have to park somewhere dodgy? :thumb:

Offline derbex

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 12:20:22 »
Only just read this, but been there -done that. ###

Offline doebag

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 19:46:00 »
Tilt switch is self resetting......

unless you put it back upside down  :shy:  lol
'Dying ain't much of a living, boy'

Outlaw Josey Wales