Author Topic: Track Day??  (Read 1138 times)

Offline VstromDan1000

Track Day??
« on: June 11, 2009, 14:25:03 »
Has anyone on here taken either a Wee or Vee on a track day???

Bloke at work took a bandit 1250 the other day and loved it.

Was wondering if anyone had any experiance of the Strom.   I live near Bands and they do an evening session for £79.  I also have the possiblity of a trip around the Nürburgring in September and was wondering if it was worth it???
CALM DOWN AND CARRY ON

4 wheels carry the body, 2 wheels carry the soul

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity

Offline Catballou

Re: Track Day??
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 14:46:43 »
We have a track day coming up in October at Mallory from another forum I go on, one of the members is taking his cruiser  :grin:   Saw loads of different bikes at Cadders but no stroms, loads of crappy GSs though   :shrug:

Hubby hires a track bike when he goes on

Perhaps you can get a V strom discount ( I know you can with no limits if you are a member of Gixxer Junkies ..... ANDY !!! can you sort that ?? )
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 15:33:22 »
one of the members is taking his cruiser

Would that be Mini P Id love to see that.

Feel the fear and do it anyway

Offline Catballou

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 18:19:19 »
Quote from: "Trancera"
one of the members is taking his cruiser

Would that be Mini P Id love to see that.

Yes,  lol   I can't wait either  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline derbex

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 12:21:56 »
I took my 650 round Snetterton at an evening trackday, first time ever on a track  :crazy:

I think it did alright, at least through the corners, just don't brake too soon or hard. On the straight I felt like I was going backward though, a bit scary. The Wee got up to an indicated 110 and everthing else was still steaming past.

At least I stayed on , which was more than my mate on the cbr600 managed -he blamed the tyres, but I was on 'Deathwings'  :neen:

Offline barnetbarnet

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:50:51 »
I did the Brands evening session a few months back.  Had a great time no problems with the bike track or me.  Really enjoyed it as I'd never done anything like that before.
Remember - Enjoy it!

plongy

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 13:01:19 »
Quote from: "Catballou"
We have a track day coming up in October at Mallory from another forum I go on, one of the members is taking his cruiser  :grin:  quote]

Another forum? tch tch tch

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 16:32:18 »
I know lots of blokes love the Nurburgring - in fact if you go there in summer you'll notice a very large proportion of the bikes are British.

However, I find it just too scary. The road surface is shit and you are sharing a race track with supercars, BMW "M" test drivers (ex F1), coach tours, and blokes let loose in the boss's car or works van - all of these at the same time!

That helicopter with the big red cross flies in too often for my liking.