Author Topic: Footrest lowering  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Mac1

• Bike: DL650, Harley Fatboy
Footrest lowering
« on: October 17, 2020, 18:25:37 »
Hi all is there one kit head and shoulders in terms of popularity? I usually find that knowledgeable riders have a favourite with such things.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

Re: Footrest lowering
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 22:29:26 »
I have Cosmo ones which have been on the bike for c.50,000 miles
I bought them before Cymarc made his. Have just fitted Cymarc radiator guard which is great quality. Am sure either will see you right  :thumb:

Offline Mac1

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 07:49:16 »
Those two companies look like the business. I think I will also be in the market for a centre stand, skid plate and ram mount. Am wondering if you blokes have any experience of those products?

Offline UK_Vstrom650

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 20:42:04 »
I have the OEM centre stand, but lots on here have the Cosmo one and it gets good reviews. If I were buying one, I'd go with the Cosmo one  :thumb:

Offline Mac1

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 21:42:00 »
Ordered the Cymarc footrest kit so will report back

Offline Bigcats30

• Bike: DL1000 L8
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 12:12:25 »
I have had TWO sets of Cymarc foot peg lowering kits for my bike and BOTH have bent to the point the gear selector rubs against the side stand.

The first time this happened I emailed them with pictures (you can also see them on here) and I was told it was impossible.....so I bought I second set which have done about 1200 miles.....and once again I have noticed they have bent

I then bought a set from Greece (Cosmo who is on here also I believe) and they are thicker (almost twice as thick as the Cymarc ones) so I expect them to last longer. Since fitting the ones from Cosmo the selector no longer rubs.

I'm sure people will state I'm wrong but two sets and the bike has never been dropped.....with pics to prove it shows how they will bend (I don't even go off road)

The pic below is the ones I took off the other day...as you can see both have bent.
Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.

Offline Mac1

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 12:18:05 »
Hmmmm wish I had gone cosmo now as I am awaiting a centre stand from them and could have saved on postage. Lots seem to rate cymarc so I went with them. I did think they were a bit flimsy when they arrived but as I haven't fitted them yet I cannot comment.

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 12:32:42 »
Not disputing the experience of those whose plates have bent, just absolutely gobsmacked. Mine were on over seven years, 20,000+  miles, standing up plenty of times, climbing on and off using the left peg, not a millimetre of deflection at all. Probably over 14 stone when suited and booted.

Offline Bigcats30

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 13:39:24 »
Hmmmm wish I had gone cosmo now as I am awaiting a centre stand from them and could have saved on postage. Lots seem to rate cymarc so I went with them. I did think they were a bit flimsy when they arrived but as I haven't fitted them yet I cannot comment.

Exactly what I did...you go off people experience hence why I bought twice because I thought maybe I just got a dodgy set the first time out. However I do nothing different to what most peple do....most of my riding is out for an hours or two jolly and then twice a year a big of an adventure to France....all road riding.

I am just sharing my exeperience...with pictures to show they didn't work for me.

Offline Bigcats30

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 13:43:54 »
Not disputing the experience of those whose plates have bent, just absolutely gobsmacked. Mine were on over seven years, 20,000+  miles, standing up plenty of times, climbing on and off using the left peg, not a millimetre of deflection at all. Probably over 14 stone when suited and booted.

My bike hasn't covered a fraction you have.....I do a bit of standing when on long Journeys (I did 1000 miles right after the first lockdown in France over 4 days with my new set from Cymarc) but that's only a couple of hours in and when I'm starting to look to stop because my backside is killing.

Like I said...twice this has happened to me and when I got the set from Cosmo you can clearly see the difference in thickness (I wish I had taken a picture now to show you the difference). However to that end I have done literally 10 miles on the Cosmo ones so cannot say if they will hold up yet (planned France trip summer next year)