Author Topic: Battery powered gloves  (Read 809 times)

Offline Tezzaman24

• Bike: DL650
Battery powered gloves
« on: November 30, 2023, 16:06:42 »
Hi all, a few posts on here about heated gloves that plug into the bike but I want a pair that have their own battery supply. Any recommendations please? I have quite severe Raynauds so need them off the bike. Thanks 😀
1st bike - James with 197cc Villiers engine (yes I’m old🤣)

Offline Pete O Tube

• Bike: DL1000AL8, Triumph 765 Street Triple R, Sym MaxSym 600i
Re: Battery powered gloves
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 20:58:52 »
I have a pair of RST Paragon 6 battery powered gloves (about £150 at Sportsbikeshop), give a good 4+ hours on the low setting which is all I've needed (high setting is too hot).
They're so well insulated that I don't need to switch them on unless below about 7C.
Supposedly waterproof with visor wipes on both hands.
Not sure I'd want to walk around with them on though.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 22:00:32 »
I think both Keis and Gerbin do batteries for their gloves as well as plug in. But for off the bike you might want something better suited/less bulky such as walking gloves?

The Mrs bought some rechargeable hand warmers for after open water swimming which fit in your pockets, which could be an alternative?

Offline Tezzaman24

• Bike: DL650
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 12:15:35 »
Thanks 👍😀
1st bike - James with 197cc Villiers engine (yes I’m old🤣)

Offline Domenico

• Bike: V-Strom 1000 2019
Battery powered gloves
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 19:26:56 »
Hello!
Last february I bought REV’IT Liberty H2O and I tested them several times. Good insulation, warm enough to ride about 300 km at 5 C° or less, minimum heat, before needing a higher level. They are sold around 220 € here.
Whereof one cannot speak
Thereof one must be silent.

Offline Froglodyte

• Bike: DL650X L0, Yamaha FJR1300A
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 00:31:22 »
Just bought some of these. Seem good so far

https://youtu.be/PH3UuJMC4ZA?si=53vhbLk1KZPEO3w2

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 13:14:17 »
On my Vee I used Oxford hot grips and handlebar mitts. Only needed summer gloves and all of my hands and wrists were warm.
On the downside I found the mitts needed to be put over the handguards otherwise wind pressure not only made my fingers ache, as I rode with them over the brake and clutch levers, but I was paranoid about the mitts putting pressure on the lever and making the brake drag. This was OK on the Strom but not easily transferable to other bikes due to non availability of handguards or the space to put them. Another problem with mitts is that I can't take a sneaky peek to check where all the buttons are on the handlebars as they are covered by the mitts. If you have two bikes and one is Honda with the horn and indicators switched ( should that be illegal? ) I was always confused as to where was the required switch / button. Mitts must be a nightmare on some bikes with so many options controlled at the handlebar. ( On my T120 I could never work out how to change the headlight from dip to halo when the mitts were off let alone when they were on. )  Yeah! I know I'm a daft old fart.  Anyhow I fixed the problem by putting the bikes on SORN from December to March.  As I'm sure you have noticed I have used the word "mitt" ( short for mitten)  instead of "muff" and this was to reduce the risk that some of you will over giggle yourselves. 
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Barbel Mick

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 13:53:46 »
'muff'   :haha:
Thanks for mentioning that brocket it gives me an excuse (not that I need one) to post a photo from a trip we took. 
Sorry, no recommendations for heated gloves!  :roll:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 21:56:21 »
I also use the RST Paragon 6 gloves. Bought from SBS with a spare set of batteries on a deal they had, which basically made the spare batteries FOC.
On low a set lasts about four hours, so two sets last a days ride. Medium is quite warm, not tried high yet but presume that would be quite hot.
My mum suffered badly with Reynauds, and I’ve had problems for the last couple of cold seasons, so presume it’s coming my way. These gloves definitely make the difference between riding and not riding, so a good investment.

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 04:33:45 »
Mick,
Is that sign a greeting or a complaint or even an instruction maybe ?

Ho Hum

Offline Barbel Mick

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2023, 10:19:59 »
Nigel, a greeting (welcome) & an instruction (dive carefully).......
I've never had a complaint!  :grin:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Spadger2

• Bike: 2020 Suzuki DL650 ,2010 Honda NT700 Deauville
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2023, 09:58:33 »
I've been using Keis lobster claw heated gloves for three years now and find them great,I power mine direct from the bike so I don't run out of power,though they can be powered via batteries.I find they work great.
I was concerned about the rthe lobster claw design initially but find them very good in use and wouldn't go back to conventional heated gloves for winter.
Trying to keep an open mind