Author Topic: Suzuki DL650 L2 for sale.  (Read 811 times)

Offline crazyhorse

• Bike: DL650 L2
Suzuki DL650 L2 for sale.
« on: January 02, 2024, 15:34:50 »
Hello

Here I have my 2012 Glee (L2), which I have owned for nearly eleven years, and I bought with 1310 miles on the clock, and it is for sale.

It now has 137k miles on the clock, and has been cosseted and maintained to a high degree (IMO) and is still in fine working order, with an MOT till late March.

The bike is orange (Fox Orange I was told) and in good condition, with Michelin Road 6 tyres fitted, which have many miles of life in them.

Over that period of ownership, I have installed a Givi screen (standard screen comes with the bike) and a Akropovic ¾ exhaust, (original exhaust comes as well), and Oxford heated grips.

Suzuki belly cowl has been fitted since new.

A Wilbers rear shock is fitted and maintained by MCT in Stowmarket.

There is a Givi rack, which is fitted with a 46 litre top box.

Suzuki recalled the bike for a stator problem in 2015, (I think) which is fitted, with a much upgraded Shindengen Reg/Rec (if that’s how you spell it).

A copy of the full Workshop Manual is also included on a USB memory stick or SD card. Also on the card/stick will be a copy of my maintenance records from 2017 to date (records previous to 2017 were lost during the purchase of a new computer).

Reason for this reluctant sale is that I have a 800RE arriving soon (sometime in Jan) and do not have enough room for both bikes.

£960 OVNO.

Pictures to follow, when it stops raining.

Please ask any questions you might have about this bike

Offline crazyhorse

Re: Suzuki DL650 L2 for sale.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 11:42:25 »
Hello

Here are some promised pictures, as its finally stopped raining long enough to do so!

The RHS tank panel picture shows a bruise, but there is a brand new panel that comes with the bike in the correct colour and a new Suzuki badge as well!

Please let me know if other pictures are required.

All dirt shown in the pictures is a bonus to the new owner!!!!!

Regards
Crazyhorse

Offline crazyhorse

Re: Suzuki DL650 L2 for sale, reduced asking price!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 11:22:24 »
Hello

I have just completed a oil and filter change on the bike, so it should be good for another 8000 miles before that needs doing again.

Oil used is Castrol Power 1 Racing fully synthetic 10/40W and a HiFlo 138 filter.

I can deliver the bike (on a trailer) for the diesel used, upto around 100 miles radius from St. Albans in Hertfordshire.

So, for a quick sale I have reduced the asking price to £850.

Cheers Crazyhorse.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 13:42:18 »
An absolute give away. GLWS though you shouldn't need it.
Good things rarely come to those who wait, best go out and get them while you can before it's too late.

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 03:52:24 »
GLWTS Crazyhorse, could I ask you have you had the valve clearances checked many times at that mileage if at all? Have you always done the oil and filter changes at 8000 miles? many of us do them at half that, probably waste of good oil but anyway it's not that expensive to do it yourself.
What an amazing bike they are, I wish you as many happy miles on your new 800.

Offline crazyhorse

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 12:47:44 »
vstroman

I have always changed oil and filters on my bikes, and when Suzuki changed their mileage/times for changing the oil on the L1 to L6 650's from 4000 miles to 8000miles, I thought why not on my L2 as nothing else had changed as far as I could see/findout!

I have always done the valve clearances on my L2 as well, and have found that they hardly moved over 137k miles, but they did move very slowly, and its not a hard job to do, just a bit of time and the ability to follow the workshop manual and videos on YT, and of course some swearing!

I am happy to give anybody help servicing these bikes as they are so worth looking after.

I have ridden mine in the eastern states of USA including The Blueridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and many others in the Smoky Mountains. Then up into New York state following the battle sites of the American Civil War.
Then over Niagara Falls bridge and into Canada, to ride west around The Great Lakes to Duluth to visit the Aerostich clothing factory, and many other places including The Natchez Trace National Park from Nashville to Vicksburg, before returning to Tampa to visit friends and ship the bike home. 17500 miles of fun!

We even managed to be visiting Mount Etna in Sicily when we were told to leave as there was an eruption starting on the upper slopes, and boy did we skedaddle out of there!

All in all a brilliant bike.

Crazyhorse

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 20:40:18 »
That's some story Crazyhorse, pity you can't find somewhere to keep the 650 with all the memories you have with it,
That ride around America must have been fantastic. I wonder if the 800 parallel twin will be as good as the brilliant 650 V twin.

Offline Kayaker413

• Bike: 2008 650
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 22:41:33 »
Still for sale? Not been on the forum for a while  :dl_smiley_banghead:
2008 650

Offline crazyhorse

Re: Suzuki DL650 L2...Now Sold
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2024, 20:04:05 »
Hello

Bike now sold, and thanks to all who showed an interest.
Now looking forward to receiving my new 800RE.

Cheers Crazyhorse