Author Topic: Did not see me or hear me!  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Lemonwizard

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Did not see me or hear me!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 15:39:53 »
The embedded image doesn't seem to be working very well, so here's another link:

These sound cameras can't distinguish between someone with a loud exhaust driving slowly and someone with a normal exhaust riding aggressively in a low gear, right? I suppose blanket solutions/punishment like this are the only feasible option for the govt, and I reckon the majority of people who are not motorcyclist will surely welcome not having their rural tranquillity disturbed.
I like M&Ms - motorcycles and metal 🤘

Offline Sea-Strom

• Bike: DL1050A (2022), Fat Bob (2023), Softail Standard (2023)
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 16:23:27 »
I lived in rural Wales for 4 years and hated quiet vehicles coming past - the noisy ones gave me chance to check my cats were not near the road. Tractors will set off any of the new sound cameras too - fining the farmers 10 times a day and the noisy bikers once a week....that would go down well! All sounds a bit big brother and poorly thought out to me. Carry on with your idea in England - no money and too many rural locations in Wales so would never get off the ground. Anyway if I want to ride in the countryside I take my ZZR which is quiet but that's not to scare animals. Most humans that lived in my village were plonkers!

Incidently Lemonwizard and... 'Just don't leave the city with your loud exhausts, alright?'
                                          :icon_exclaim:
I could say the same about your orange bike - tends to spoil the view don't you think  :)

Anyway - enjoy your biking everyone - wherever you live.  :text-bravo:

Online mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 16:36:05 »
bringing in sound detection scameras...  :bawl:

I'm screwed!  :auto-dirtbike:  :auto-dirtbike:  :auto-dirtbike:

Ride Coordinator

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 16:52:07 »
Put Jen's plate on the Vara. Sorted.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 21:19:11 »
It actually looks like the noise cameras are UK wide, and already on use in London, so I guess cities and popular biking routes will end up with them  :icon_no:
https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/noisy-driver-crackdown

Online mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 22:55:40 »
Both bikes are registered to me.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Lemonwizard

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 08:09:57 »
Damn, who would've thought that people who are not engine/exhaust sound enthusiasts don't actually find it thrilling to be bombarded with noise several times a day? My, my!
I like M&Ms - motorcycles and metal 🤘

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 16:53:48 »
I know, some people eh?
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Sea-Strom

• Bike: DL1050A (2022), Fat Bob (2023), Softail Standard (2023)
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 19:50:38 »
Sound cameras like speed cameras - we all slow down for them and no doubt will ease off the throttle to reduce dbs - my exhaust is quiet at idle. I think my Black Widow can with baffle in is classed road legal, whatever that means.  Yes some folk don't like motorbike noise but seem OK with screaming kids and boombox garden parties, neither of which I like much. My neighbour closes her window when I leave (15 seconds) yet opens it for the rest of the day to hear the building site row opposite, 8 hours a day! Still there will always be bike haters - shame when it's bikers having issues with other bikers. It's our world from Hell's Angels to mopeds.....just love 2 wheels.  :bow-blue:

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 12:00:44 »
I quite like the system in some Spanish villages. There's a pedestrian crossing with lights and a speed sensor further up the road. If you exceed the speed limit entering the village, the lights go to red and hold you up. Good for road safety (kids & locals), bad for those who blast through, annoying if they're triggering the system behind you though :-)
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey