Author Topic: Direct comparison: MRA X-Creed Touring V Givi Airflow 2017 650.  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Keith60

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, Honda TRX 500FA ATV
Much discussion on screens throughout the forum, and of course it can be a very subjective subject.
Below are my direct comparisons on the stock, MRA X-Creed Touring and the Givi airflow on my 2017 650. 
I’m a little under 6ft tall but short legged, with broad shoulders. 
Stock screen, is useless as a screen for me, might as well take it off.
MRA X-Creed touring “flipper” makes a huge difference.   I can ride all day with my visor up at 70mph. Little or no buffeting,  in essence, an excellent upgrade, but I do get quite a bit of wind around my upper arms, shoulders and sides of my neck.  It remains excellent in warmer weather, but I’d expect to get chilly in colder conditions. 
So I bought the the Givi Airfow for £98 to see if it’s any improvement given the excellent reviews on the forum.    Excellent value for money, easily fitted.   Again I can ride with my visor open at 70mph, but no noticeable improvement over the MRA apart from less wind around my arms & shoulders.
My honest opinion is, if you have one screen, MRA or Airflow, don’t waste money trying the other.  They are both good.   If you have neither, the Airflow would be my choice, but it’s a photo finish! 
Never too old to ride!

Offline Keith60

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro, Honda TRX 500FA ATV
Re: Direct comparison: MRA X-Creed Touring V Givi Airflow 2017 650.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 17:03:51 »
Photos of both below:
Never too old to ride!

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: Direct comparison: MRA X-Creed Touring V Givi Airflow 2017 650.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 21:26:05 »
Good comparison   :thumb:

You might want to try some wind reflectors like bosnjo made to see if it helps with the wind on your arms shoulders
https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=21591.0