Author Topic: Givi Airflow  (Read 7097 times)

Offline skmichell

Givi Airflow
« on: September 19, 2014, 23:46:07 »
My new Givi Airflow arrived yesterday (Ebay £130) fitted in 10 minutes and has transformed my new DL650 regarding wind noise, absolutely stoked.

Offline bosnjo

• Bike: DL1000 L7
Re: Givi Airflow
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 19:56:23 »
The same what I felt with my Glee and now with new Vee2. Givi Airflow is simply perfect invention.
DL1000 2017 white
DL1000 2014 red (sold)
DL650 2012 white (sold)

Offline Ccmp

• Bike: DL1000 K3
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:53:53 »
Read and learnt a lot here before I purchased. Givi airflow arrived on Friday. Fitted to existing madstad bracket last night. Drove to work this morning. Slow enough through a couple of sets of lights. I could feel the cold on my face so I moved the upper screen half way up. It was at the bottom.  Hit the dual carriageway. After a couple of miles I decided to lift my visor, only to find that it was up already. Left it up and wound her up to 100 on the clock. No buffeting on my head at all. Chuffed but I found the height of the top screen slightly intrusive. I’ll play around with lowering it slightly.  Really easy to adjust from the seat also.

Offline ukiboy

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 18:06:59 »
Just got my Airflow fitted. Played around with different heights and currently have it on the bottom most setting. It's not quite the revelation I was expecting. On my old 2010 Wee I used a madstad with standard screen and it was great.
On my 2014 Glee I have the Airflow fitted without a madstad. I have it fitted on the highest screen mounting points and will expertiment with fitting it to the middle and bottom fitting points.
What's the general consensus on which mounting points to use? Which ones are best for the Airflow?
I'm 5'11 tall btw.
Thanks,
Andy

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 19:04:23 »
Mine is on the lowest mounting points,and the slider is about 2" up from the bottom.I can still see over the top easily.With drastically reduced noise and buffeting,and it was cheap too,result.
Ian Mc.

Offline ukiboy

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 19:38:40 »
Thanks for your feedback, I will try the lowest mounting holes.

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 22:59:22 »
Quote from: "Ianmc"
Mine is on the lowest mounting points,and the slider is about 2" up from the bottom.I can still see over the top easily.With drastically reduced noise and buffeting,and it was cheap too,result.
Forgot to mention,I am around 5'10"
Ian Mc.

Offline ukiboy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 13:45:59 »
Got my Airflow fitted to the lowest screen mounting points with the screen set just over half way up the sliders.
Makes for a very good balance between wind protection and turbulence control and wind noise.
Together with an Airhawk seat cushion and a throttle grip 'crampbuster' it makes for a very competent budget tourer: I can easily do the 185 miles between home and my other half's place in one go without any stops.
Top bike and top accessories too! Recommend all of them for high mile riders.

Offline Hondaman

• Bike: 650 L3
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 14:02:57 »
Works well for me too :)

Offline tony f chelmsford

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 10:09:49 »
Read and learnt a lot here before I purchased. Givi airflow arrived on Friday. Fitted to existing madstad bracket last night. Drove to work this morning. Slow enough through a couple of sets of lights. I could feel the cold on my face so I moved the upper screen half way up. It was at the bottom.  Hit the dual carriageway. After a couple of miles I decided to lift my visor, only to find that it was up already. Left it up and wound her up to 100 on the clock. No buffeting on my head at all. Chuffed but I found the height of the top screen slightly intrusive. I’ll play around with lowering it slightly.  Really easy to adjust from the seat also.

Ref last comment above, take care adjusting from the seat on the move........ On my first ride with the Airflow fitted (which I am very pleased with), I tried to make a small screen height adjustment at about 50 MPH, and it was quite stiff and wouldn't move. I gave it a harder tug and next thing I knew, the top screen was off, out of my hand, over my head and away... Looked round and it was in the middle of the road. I turned round and rode back expected to pick up shattered pieces, but to my amazement, it was in one piece and totally unmarked. Very lucky! 

Offline Soapy

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 17:12:46 »
I also have a Givi Airflow. Fitted it two and a half years ago. When I was going to sell the bike a few weeks ago I removed the screen.
Now I've decided to keep the bike I refitted it and noticed small cracks emanating from the lower screen lever mounts. Took the mounts off and I've got quite large cracks coming from both.
Unfortunately it's outside warranty and you can't buy the lower screen only.
Is it repairable?