Author Topic: Stuff to look at  (Read 8010 times)

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
Stuff to look at
« on: September 24, 2013, 15:41:41 »
Dear All, hopefully this will build into a thread where I can show you the stuff I make (if you want to buy it you don't have to!) but just as importantly a thread where you blokes can tell me what you want and help with very important opinions and feedback so whatever I do its as good as it can be. I`m happy to help anyone also - I simply don't do what I do for financial gain (but it helps...........).

I`m happy (and actually very pleased) to see any of you with you bikes to help me work on stuff for you - am happy to make one-offs and put you up at my house so we can drink and talk bikes (been a biker for nearly 40 years) so please use this to help me develop my stuff and to listen to what you blokes think is right or good.

I`m going to try and post an image of a V Strom BBQ I made for one of you blokes a while ago - its a thing of beauty but apparently you can cook on it and it folds down to fit inside a slim case inside your pannier. Its just to show you a sample of what I do blokes.

God knows if the image will appear - having a low IQ (its the beemers...............) I simply don't know if I have got it right but if not if you just click on it................

Offline mjc506

Re: Stuff to look at
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 16:10:24 »
That is really quite pretty :)
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 16:14:25 »
Quote from: "mjc506"
That is really quite pretty :)

Thank yoooooooo

It was one of my first things I designed and made - as I said to me a thing of beauty but to be honest better suited to the boot of a car rather than a pannier coz it weighs a ton - its made that way because the cheap thin sheet mild steel ones out there used to buckle and look like crap after just on use - you can stick this one in a dishwasher!

And you can cook on it.............

ha - just seen one of the icons - I had a knee op on Friday (Six weeks on sticks.............)

:limp:  :limp:

funny funny funny

Offline mjc506

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 16:17:03 »
If you've seen me with the 'strom loaded up you wouldn't worry about its weight :haha:

Good luck with the recovery. I broke my knee a good few years ago coming off a mtb... although the doctors told me I may not walk again, here I am racing mtb's, and riding motorcycles :) Take it steady, as I'm sure you will :)
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 16:29:23 »
Quote from: "mjc506"
If you've seen me with the 'Strom loaded up you wouldn't worry about its weight :haha:

Good luck with the recovery. I broke my knee a good few years ago coming off a mtb... although the doctors told me I may not walk again, here I am racing mtb's, and riding motorcycles :) Take it steady, as I'm sure you will :)

That is actually quite uplifting and inspirational - after the op I was told that I had osteoarthritis - to be honest it devastated me on Friday but many more folk have to put up with much worse so I`m looking for inspiration thank you.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 19:57:29 »
If it's any consolation I have to put up with this lot on here  :angry-tappingfoot:

:haha:

Now, get this topic back on....well...topic.
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:34:41 »
Quote from: "Fat Rat"
If it's any consolation I have to put up with this lot on here  :angry-tappingfoot:

:haha:

Now, get this topic back on....well...topic.

Sorry pal.

Anyway, above is a good indication of the parts - there are more and a few different angles so I`ll try and get some more posted for you all to look at.

Ta,

Mark (Sticks) Hooton.

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:06 »

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 18:34:37 »
do you do any bar risers? :shrug:

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 21:12:08 »
Quote from: "kodkod"
do you do any bar risers? :shrug:

Sorry pal no

Offline Stobie

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 13:52:05 »
Any chance of a Glee Ram Ball GPS mount for attaching to the screen mounts as in  this SW Motech type:

Doesn't need the lip and fastening stuff on top just the flat plate to attach a ram ball to would be enough.

Offline greywolf

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 15:18:49 »
Missed the gist.
Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. 2012 DL650A outlasted me.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 (K2-L2) DL1000s. Veek=2014+ (L4+) DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 (K4-L1) DL650s. Glee = 2012+ (L2+) DL650s

Offline Jay2

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 19:10:44 »
Hello mate, is it just sheet metal that you work with?

Side Stand Foot?
Fork Brace?
"If in doubt, flat out"