Author Topic: Screens with wipers  (Read 8891 times)

Offline IanP

Re: Screens with wipers
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 19:37:54 »
I have a manual wiper fitted to my Wing as a short arse I either look just over or through the screen.

If you have no luck on here I would target the Wing, ST1300 and BMW markets.

Cheers
Ian
XVS 1300 - DL650 V-Strom
Royal British Legion Riders http://www.rblr.co.uk

Offline loggamatt

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 21:19:47 »
Quote from: "SimonW"
I don't think I would be interested in such an arrangement, don't think it would work very well and don't think they would sell.

But if LaKraven has the (considerable) skills to manufacture such an item and he's interested, what's the one thing everyone wishes they could buy for their Vee/Wee for a reasonable price (apart from a Madstad of course)?

Challenge LaKraven? :)  I'd quite like some kind of laser death ray to use on car drivers who position themselves in traffic in such a way as to be as difficult to filter by as possible.

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 21:47:01 »
Quote from: "loggamatt"
Challenge LaKraven? :)  I'd quite like some kind of laser death ray to use on car drivers who position themselves in traffic in such a way as to be as difficult to filter by as possible.
Something like that got me on the US' "no fly list"  :haha:
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 22:57:06 »
I can't look through a screen either, have to look over it. Still, I'm curious to see what you came up with :)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline loggamatt

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 23:26:49 »
Quote from: "LaKraven"
Something like that got me on the US' "no fly list"  :haha:

lol

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 19:34:50 »
Visor wipers.... Anybody remember the "Turbo visor" ? It was a disc of tinted plastic with vanes moulded into the slightly curved outer surface, and a hole in the centre. This sat on a stub axle fixed to a chrome band like a giant Jubilee clip, which was clamped round your open face lid , leaving the lower half of the disc in front of the eyes. Get a bit of speed up and all rain would be magically flung off the visor by the spinning of the disc.As a kid I used to imagine what it would be like riding fast with an out of balance disc, or whether it would act like a gyroscope and stop you from turning your head! Anybody ever use one?

Offline Strommer

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 19:37:48 »
...I'd quite like some kind of laser death ray to use on car drivers who position themselves in traffic in such a way as to be as difficult to filter by as possible.

These seem to work quite well....

A disgrace to biking...

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 20:10:53 »
Quote from: "Strommer"
...I'd quite like some kind of laser death ray to use on car drivers who position themselves in traffic in such a way as to be as difficult to filter by as possible.

These seem to work quite well....

As does a truck horn, or better yet a police siren!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Screens with wipers
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 20:11:48 »
Quote from: "Rusty Nuts"
Visor wipers.... Anybody remember the "Turbo visor" ? It was a disc of tinted plastic with vanes moulded into the slightly curved outer surface, and a hole in the centre. This sat on a stub axle fixed to a chrome band like a giant Jubilee clip, which was clamped round your open face lid , leaving the lower half of the disc in front of the eyes. Get a bit of speed up and all rain would be magically flung off the visor by the spinning of the disc.As a kid I used to imagine what it would be like riding fast with an out of balance disc, or whether it would act like a gyroscope and stop you from turning your head! Anybody ever use one?

I remember those, saw the ads, never saw anyone using one, perhaps largely because they were shit..

ProfG

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 11:37:28 »
Turbo visor

Might get one for a laugh to go with a mohican and bear ears on the lid

lol

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Screens with wipers
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 14:31:59 »
They must be noisy as fook..

Offline matchless

• Bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 15:18:57 »
I used a turbo visor for a short while,good for riding in heavy rain and snow it was always clear, not a lot of noise from it either, mind you if you have a gold star exhaust on your bike you don't tend to hear anything else !

The big problem was if you turned your head or tilted the thing up it could come  off the helmet,  also it let quite a bit of wind round onto your face. But the main thing that made me stop using it was folks laughing at the thing plus the mockery from the girls at work,  it had to go!
"It may be rubbish, but it's British rubbish !"

Offline evo172

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 16:59:28 »
I find the water gets blown off my visor  from the airflow over my mra vario at anything above 40mph, only when going slower do I need to wipe the visor  :grin: