Author Topic: MRA Vario  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Grey Ghost

MRA Vario
« on: February 22, 2012, 21:07:00 »
Just got a second hand MRA Variomoff eBay for 60gbp. Now for the madstad.

Offline thebigcheese

Re: MRA Vario
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 21:21:23 »
was that the tall mra screen that finished on ebay there yesterday for 56 quid?
was keeping an eye on it myself, seems a good buy
bikeless

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 16:58:03 »
Quote from: "Grey Ghost"
Just got a second hand MRA Variomoff eBay for 60gbp. Now for the madstad.

Try it first, you might not need the Madstad as they are very good  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Grey Ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 17:24:56 »
Yeah, that' was the one off eBay, great buy, he described it with minor stone chips, but could not find anything.
I done a write up for the extras 'Kitted and fitted'

Offline exbandit

• Bike: DL650ALOXP
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 20:58:51 »
so you won it then you beat my bid very late on.
Exbandit

Offline Grey Ghost

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 23:56:53 »
Sorry mate, I was looking for one so I put in 50 as my max bid.
They usually seem to go for almost twice that so I was expecting a lot more chips.
It is a good screen, but it does increase the force on the bike at speed.
Had to apply a bit of extra counter steer, but only took a few miles on M4 to get used to it.
Better luck next time.

Offline thebigcheese

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 00:01:21 »
still on the look out for a v stream or cee bailey myself...seem pretty rare second hand
bikeless

Offline bat-kam

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 19:08:29 »
I've got one of those MRA vario screens. Due to the fact that it is taller then the standard screen and has additional adjustment you can tune it to however tall as short you are - even without madstad mount.

Unfortunately I prefer the look of wee with the 'sport', short tinted screen  :auto-dirtbike: , therefore I will put mine MRA Vario for sale. Check in the For Sale topics.
Suzuki all the way: '98 Bandit > '99 GSX600F > '09 V Strom DL650 > '09 SV650S > '10 V Strom DL650 > '04 GSX-R 600

Offline Grey Ghost

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 13:59:14 »
One thing I have noticed is that the taller MRA screen seems to give the bike a more balanced look if you have the larger top box.
Works well, have not sorted out the adjustable foil section yet.

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 14:06:18 »
I like the little sports screen too, it will go on the bike again soon for the better weather.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline theolonius9a

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 12:06:29 »
Had a MRA Vario on Madstads for a while and don't really like it. Mainly because I bought the tinted one. Now with the adjustable "Aerofoil" where it overlays the main section there is of course a double density of tint. This tends to be right in your eyeline and you are tending to peer over it to see the road ahead. This being particularly bad at night. I nearly bought a Givi "Airflow" screen which has a lower fixed screen and another which is almost the same size which slides up and down. I didn't buy it because it looks bloody awful. I have now purchased a Givi large screen which is wider and taller than standard and I am hoping that on the Madstads it will do the trick (awaiting delivery). This will be my last attempt to solve the buffeting problem I'm not spending any more money. One of the best things I've done, so far, is to fit the mirror brackets which move the mirror up slightly but more importantly move the mirrors sideways about 3". This takes a lot of the disturbance awway from my head. The last thing I need is more disturbance in my head :-) Hope these observations are helpfull.

BTW is the 2012 strom any better. Surely Suzuki wouldn't put another one out there....... ?
Health to the sick,
Honour to the brave,
Success to the lover
and
Freedom to the slave. 

Ride Safe

Theolonius.

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 20:26:11 »
Quote from: "theolonius9a"
Had a MRA Vario on Madstads for a while and don't really like it. Mainly because I bought the tinted one. Now with the adjustable "Aerofoil" where it overlays the main section there is of course a double density of tint. This tends to be right in your eyeline and you are tending to peer over it to see the road ahead. This being particularly bad at night.

I have the same setup - it is distracting at night but I'm not out in the dark that much and if I am I tuck the screen down and the 'blade' flat. Couple that with me being 6'2" and sat on the Suzuki gel seat that works for me.
No bike at present.......