Author Topic: Healtech OBD Pinout  (Read 297 times)

Offline Mmacderr

• Bike: DL1000A L4, ST1300
Healtech OBD Pinout
« on: May 08, 2021, 15:35:54 »
I bought a 2nd hand Healtech OBD-SO1 to do a TBS on my 2015 Vstrom1000 but the Pinout on the unit's 6 pin connector is slightly different to the bikes diagnostic connector. I'm hoping one of you might have a similar unit and be able to give me the correct Pinout and colour code. There were no additional adaptors in the box when I bought it.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: Healtech OBD Pinout
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 06:02:32 »
That is a new one on me, a quick search just shows a mention in 2016 on a GSXR forum and not a lot else.

The UK distributor may be able to help https://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.uk/ or if the plug appears to be same as in the older bikes just jump the pins and check /adjust on the dash.

https://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, Yam XJ600n '96, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 06:37:54 »
On the website they list Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki.
They all have different connectors and wire arrangements.
Are you sure you bought one for Suzuki?

In the good old days we just used a paper clip to put it in dealer mode and used the dash to give up the TPS calibration. :fix:

I have a dealer mode switch plugged into SWMBO's GSX that I bought for my Wee. Simple solution and it's a toggle switch.
These switches are dealer tools supplied by Honda, Suzuki ect and can only be bought by dealers and aren't supposed to be sold on... don't ask how I have one  :whistle:

I never ever saw or heard of any OBD tools in the workshop, but I know the new generation of CBR, GSXR and Goldwing were supposed to be more car than bike electricaly. So may require the OBD readers.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 07:35:37 »
Have you had a look at https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/obd. Maybe send support an email for advice on the pin out for your ride?

Offline rogun

• Bike: DL650 L1
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 08:49:06 »
Hello Roger from Sweden, I have an Healtech OBD SO-01 and the unit has exactly the same pinouts as yours.
It works perfect to my DL650 -11. I have also used it on a friends Suzuki Intruder -09, no problems.

Offline Mmacderr

• Bike: DL1000A L4, ST1300
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 18:53:01 »
Many thanks for help blokes. It turns out that only 3 of the 4 pins are required for the diagnostics unit to work on my bike. I can only assume that the 4th wire is utilised on another Suzuki model.           
On closer inspection I discovered that one of the pins wasn't mating properly in the connector so following some gentle adjustment and a spray of WD40 it's working perfectly. I synched the throttle bodies and she's running much sweeter now. Well pleased.