Author Topic: iPhone 5S Motorcycle Mount  (Read 1505 times)

Offline 03guyjam

iPhone 5S Motorcycle Mount
« on: May 18, 2014, 21:14:17 »
Hi blokes,

Just put an order in for a handlebar mount for my Wee. Didn't trust the waterproof sleeve that they provide for the 5s kit so went for the universal and will stick it to the back of my survivor case. Looked at loads of reviews with people using them on motorcycles and they are apparently really good.

Will post pictures and a quick review when they arrive in case anyone's interested in buying something similar.

http://www.quadlockcase.com/products/one ... -mount-kit

http://store.griffintechnology.co.uk/ip ... phone-5-5s

Ride Safe,

bloke

Offline Phil254

• Bike: Dl650
Re: iPhone 5S Motorcycle Mount
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 02:57:50 »
I would be interested in a review cheers  :)

Offline 03guyjam

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 22:16:00 »
Quote from: "Phil254"
I would be interested in a review cheers  :)

Hi Phil,

I've attached a few pictures below (without the iPhone in) to show you what its like.

Basically very quick review:

The quad lock fits nicely on the handlebars and is held to it using cable ties. Its a little scary at first to trust this little piece of plastic to hold a £600 device but it sure does the trick. The phone is secured very nicely and I took the bike out on a 100mile bike ride across bumpy B roads, twisty A roads with not a single problem. Phone doesn't seem to vibrate or move at all while on the mount. There's enough clearance for the handlebars to move freely.

You can fit the phone landscape or portrait as long as you have the space. What I'm thinking of doing next is buying an accessory bar to go just above the speedo and attach the mount there as it would be more convenient to have the phone (satnav app) a lot closer to the front.

All in all it cost me around £60 but its still cheaper and more convenient than a bike GPS.

Offline Phil254

• Bike: Dl650
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 07:51:34 »
Cheers for that matey I will have a look at that idea and I agree it could do with being on an accessory bar like u say but a nice holder all the same and cheers for the review  :grin: