Author Topic: Stock clearance  (Read 15814 times)

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
Stock clearance
« on: September 25, 2013, 21:30:16 »
blokes, although I`m happy to make stuff for you I have a stock list which I am happy to flog off 20% less RRP along with free delivery (to a UK based address!)

Here`s the list and some photo`s

4 x 1000CC Chain Guards £41.98
1 x 1000CC Chain Guard - .co.uk £41.98
2 x 1000CC Radiator Covers - .co.uk £47.98
5 x 650CC Extended Oil Cooler Covers £29.98
2 x 1000CC Oil Cooler Covers - .co.uk £23.98
2 x 650CC Oil Cooler Covers £23.98
3 x 1000CC Oil Cooler Covers  £23.98
2 x Top Box Adapter Brackets £23.98
5 x Mark 2 1000CC Gear Change Enhancer £29.98
2 x 650CC Slotted Radiator Covers £47.98

1000cc Suzuki V Strom/Kawasaki KLV Gear Change Enhancer

here`s the blurb on this bit of kit fella`s

THIS BIT OF KIT GREATLY IMPROVES GEARCHANGE AND INCREASES SPROCKET AND CHAIN LIFE
"Absolutely brilliant product, would not have believed until tried."
It is not a commonly known problem but the rear wheel geometry on the 1000cc V Strom and the KLV is off centre by a dimension smaller than 2mm I.e. the rear wheel sprocket is not directly in line with the front sprocket but rather placed slightly `out` by a very small amount.
To correct this I have designed a spacer which fits in between the rear sprocket and the cush drive housing. This relines the rear sprocket with the front sprocket much more accurately.
By inserting my spacer you will find that your gear changes are a great deal smoother and your chain & sprocket life is extended.
This design was first tested on a 2008 V Strom 1000cc bike and the rider reported an instant improvement over the normal sometimes clunky gearchange. The images show the MK2 which does exactly the same job as the original but comes with a modification which fills in the open slots on the rear sprocket and `brands` the product with both the Cymarc logo and the `V` logo. The images show before, during and after fitting.
 I OFFER AN UNCONDITIONAL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IF YOUR GEARCHANGE IS NOT NOTICEABLY SMOOTHER
The item itself is made from high quality stainless steel (so it will never rust) and is laser profiled for a very high quality finish and finished by hand to give it a brushed apprearence and smooth edges. It fits on perfectly every time.
It is very easy to fit as follows:
1.   Remove rear wheel
2.   Remove rear sprocket from cush drive housing (it is held on by 5 `nyloc type` fasteners).
3.   Position spacer over the stud fasteners
4.   Relocate the rear sprocket on the cush drive housing ensuring the nylocs are replaced with direct replacement new ones and retorque to the correct setting as per the relevant service manual.
5.   Put wheel back onto bike as per the relevant service manual.
6.   Enjoy gear change improvement!
Re: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
by flyinscot on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Hello All

I am the bloke who has been doing Marks testing for him and just to give it some provinance , I have some Rider qualifications as well as mechanical expertise.

I am an I.A.M trainer,Bike safe trainer,ROSPA (GOLD), Police Advanced class 1 on road and off road, Some city and guilds quals in construction and use as well as prohibition. I have over 20 years of riding experience on a vast array of machines from off road 125 up to Kawasaki 1400. I cover about 20k a year on a bike doing a huge mixture of rural and motorway and sometimes usually once per year somewhere on the continent.

I have tried both sets of the Rad and oil covers covering two weeks of moderate to hard riding during our last heat wave and did not have any issue with overheating. I stuck in town for an hour on one of the days just to try and get it to overheat but once the fan kicked in it was fine. I am not using the covers with the bigger holes but haven't had a problem with either though if you feel there is an issue then go for the larger holes.

Not only do they offer fantastic protection that will never rust but they look great and really make your machine stand out.

I have also tried the spacer after carrying out some research which I will share for the benefit of the forum. 20 Year Suzuki DEALER TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM HOWEVER AS A CHAIN (TYPE DEPENDENT IE STANDARD, O RING) with rigorous maintenance should last between 20-40k and at that time you should also change your sprockets ( sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs ). Suzuki class this as FAIR wear and Tear therefore never bothered to try and rectify or fleet recall the machines. I personally had never noticed a problem and as this is the 3rd Suzuki I have owned, I assumed that it was a characteristic.

However once the spacer was fitted you could have knocked me off the bike with a feather,I could not believe the difference, no more clunk ,even when you engage first gear on idle there is barely a sound. All changes much smother. Tried it on Motorway, rural roads and a little bit of off road (only about 10 miles ) also tried gear changes with and with out clutch still sweet as a nut. This will have the added effect of extending my chain and sprocket life as well as rear Tyre and also make the bike even more economical to run ( albeit negligible ).

This shows a round holed rad cover and oil cooler cover - it also shows the v strom.co.uk logo which took me ages to do!

This is a good bit of kit, it allows you to position the topbox more towards the rear allowing the seat to be removed with the box on and a bit more room for the pillion

This shows the slotted version of the rad protector

Here is the chain guard........

Here is the OE oil cooler guard (its not nice.................)

and its replacement (which lasts much longer................)

Anyone interested please email my Lovely Shelly at shelly@cymarc.co.uk

when its gone its gone...............

But I`d make some more if you needed it  :grin:

Hop a long Hooton
 :limp:

Offline Ubique

Re: Stock clearance
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:52:42 »
You have mail :-)

Offline BigFoot

• Bike: DL1000 L8
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:01:08 »
I'll take

1x650 Oil Cooler Cover and 1x650 Slotted Red Cover if there is any left at 20% discount please

Have sent mail :)

Offline Adrian

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:55:00 »
I will take a gear change enhanser if I may thank you

Offline neltek

• Bike: V-Strom 650 GT 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 18:29:47 »
are the prices above with the 20% already taken off?

(I'm too lazy to look up your other thread and find the web address and check :) )
V-Strom 650 GT

ex:
SV650 K6
MZ301
Gilera DNA

Offline Matt-EUC

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 19:24:18 »
Just looked on your website. Will none of your old 650 parts fit the new 650?

Ride Coordinator

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:13 »
Quote from: "Matt-EUC"
Just looked on your website. Will none of your old 650 parts fit the new 650?

I`m really gutted to say no they won`t however if ANYONE would be kind enough to give me their time (and 650) I might be able to design something.

In line with my reputation I would lavish the kindly person with free bling to say thank you!

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 22:14:18 »
Mail sent to Shelley re 650 oil cover... :thumb:

(above prices are same as on website, so need to take 20% off) EDIT: I am wrong, the price you see on the website Is the full price you pay, the sale discount is equivalent to VAT, sorry!
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline tomor

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 22:23:17 »
Received mine today. paid 24 quid for the top box extension does that mean I didn't get my discount? :( all fitted anyway. Would have helped if I could drill correctly the first time!!

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 09:48:00 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
Mail sent to Shelley re 650 oil cover... :thumb:

(above prices are same as on website, so need to take 20% off)

Thanks mate shelly will look after it - btw the prices on the site are the net prices - the 20% (which you blokes are not paying) only comes on at the end with the damn bloody sodding VAT - sorry for any misunderstanding but you should be getting the parts 20% less than the retail price (which is shown at check out)

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 09:50:16 »
Quote from: "tomor"
Received mine today. paid 24 quid for the top box extension does that mean I didn't get my discount? :( all fitted anyway. Would have helped if I could drill correctly the first time!!

Pal you would have got the discount - the checkout price is 20% more than what you paid and you should have got free delivery.

I do apologise for any misunderstanding and I will get shelly to check it and if there has been a mistake there will be a refund coming your way mate

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 15:18:21 »
Sorry mark, I get it now... :shy:  from website...
By the way I now have to charge VAT on my gear and this is calculated at the check-out.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline tomor

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 19:24:44 »
Its all good :) Quality product, can recommend!!

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 20:01:57 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
Sorry mark, I get it now... :shy:  from website...
By the way I now have to charge VAT on my gear and this is calculated at the check-out.

no worries  :grin:

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 20:03:01 »
Quote from: "tomor"
Its all good :) Quality product, can recommend!!

very kind words, thank you, what I do isn`t all down to commercial gain and its appreciated when goodly folk see this  :ty:

I do actually love what I do  :limp:

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 12:48:06 »
I'm pretty sure the chain guard from the old 650 will fit the new 650 without any issues. The swingarm on the Glee is the same as the swingarm on the later Wee's and the chain guard lugs are in the same place as the earlier Wees anyway. I think the lugs are even the same for the Vee. So in short, the chain guard should be an universal fit for all current V-Stroms.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 17:39:18 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
I'm pretty sure the chain guard from the old 650 will fit the new 650 without any issues. The swingarm on the Glee is the same as the swingarm on the later Wee's and the chain guard lugs are in the same place as the earlier Wees anyway. I think the lugs are even the same for the Vee. So in short, the chain guard should be an universal fit for all current V-Stroms.

Pal if you would be kind enough to test one for me, with photo`s and a write up for the other lads (no bias, just fair!) then I would be very chuffed to send you one.

Just email me on mark@cymarc.co.uk with your address and I will look after everything else.

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 12:59:40 »
I already have one of your chain guards, and an oil cooler cover and a radiator cover too, it definitely fits the K5 Wee. I just remembered that I got it from Fat Rat who had it fitted to a later model (twin spark plug) Wee so we know that they are the same mountings for the chain guard even though they extended the swingarm slightly on those later models. We know that the Glee (the new curvy model 650) uses the same swingarm as the later Wee models so that will fit. The one in your picture is fitted to a Vee. I've also checked the parts fiche and it looks like all the above is accurate.

That means the chain guard will fit all current models of the V-Strom without any doubts.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 14:09:45 »
Fantastic - ta pal  :clap:

Offline NiggleZ

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 09:50:35 »
Do you have any gear change enhancers left and what would the total cost be sending it to NZ.

thanks
Nigel