Author Topic: Sylvie & me...from wannabe to racer..the long road to racing. Steve Male  (Read 188 times)

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
A review of recently joined SRJ999...Steve Males book.

I read fiction and non fiction.Being able to get lost for a few hours in a ripping yarn (fiction) is great.Non Fiction is good too,the advantage is you can dip in and out with out being caught up in the story.
Steve Males book however caught me out.Non fiction, but I read it in 3 sittings, a compulsive story.
I found myself wanting Rider 20 to go faster/smoother, for things to just WORK this time.
Riding a Vstrom 650 ,I could also relate to the technical side, and the learning curve Steve had with his machine.
The paddock friendships came across well,so did the race rivalries.
I can recommend this book to all who like bikes and racing , especially mini twins.
No.....you can't borrow my copy....... get it on Amazon so Steve and the air ambulance get a little bit of help, not as I did and find one on Fleabay.

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
I was delighted to receive my signed copy of Steve's book today. I'm very much looking forward to reading it.
Thank you Steve

p.s.
I will try and write a review later'

The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Offline SRJ999

• Bike: DL650 & SV650 Minitwin (race bike)
I am flattered and delighted in equal measure to read this post. Thanks to both for your support. Of course, the minor matters of zero funds and getting married this year mean no racing again for the fifth year in a row. Instead, I have to get my racing fix with occasional visits to Brands to look enviously at those who still have pockets deep enough to satisfy theirs. Next year, though... (maybe)

The pledge to support the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance still stands and, while the donations now are in single figures, rather than tens, the money still gets handed over.

Oh, and, as an aside, you can still leave reviews on Amazon, whether you bought a copy there or not. It will just won't show as "verified purchase". #JustSayin'

Thanks again.