Author Topic: Mods have gone well !  (Read 1630 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Mods have gone well !
« on: March 01, 2014, 14:48:33 »
After tinkering on with my bike over the winter I am very pleased with the results on my first ride out today. I have fitted a Palmer Products ( http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk/ ) adjustable screen bracket which moves the screen forward an up slightly. This has all but removed the buffeting and wind noise and at around 70mph you could smoke a pipe ! My re-stuffed & gel padded seat ( http://www.saddlecraft.com/ ) is comforts own perch and has given me extra legroom too. Add in the Cymarc footpeg lowering kit and some 30mm bar raisers and this is one comfy 'strom.
The GPR pipe (  http://www.gpr.it/home.htm?language=en ) looks and sounds superb and does give the bike a bit more go, especially in the midrange. I also fitted a 48 tooth rear sprocket which also helps with forward motion. The best mod' has been the Anakee 3's, these really suit the glee and the bike turns faster and holds a line much better than the stock Bridgestones.
The Ricor Racing Intiminators ( http://store.ricorshocks.com/ ) have improved the front end noticeably. The bike is very stable on the brakes and is much more composed over bumpy roads (of which Northumberland is almost entirely made of...). The best bit is the feel from the front, the bike now has a plush sensation and feels very similar to how my Stelvio did with it's massive 50mm Marzzochi USD forks. And my hands were kept nice and toasty by the Oxford grips.  All in all a very happy bunny  :)
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Jeff999

• Global Moderator
Re: Mods have gone well !
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 15:00:50 »
:text-worthless:
 :)

Offline medic5

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 15:26:14 »
you, were the pics?

Offline 2112

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 15:33:30 »
Click on the links, full of pics  :neen:

I shall sort out a gallery when I get back from malta  :)))

Offline mjc506

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 13:23:33 »
I need a review on those Intiminators :fix: did you get them from Ricor direct, or do they have a UK rep?
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]

Offline 2112

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 16:34:28 »
Quote from: "mjc506"
I need a review on those Intiminators :fix: did you get them from Ricor direct, or do they have a UK rep?

I got them from Ricor Racing direct and had no nasty import tax to pay on them either, which was nice. I have used the stock springs and the correct level of 5W oil as per the provided destructions. Very easy to fit, unscrew fork top, remove spring, washer & spacer, tip out oil, install Intiminator (you will need a long screwdriver to ease it to the top of the damper rod) and refill with oil and reverse the previous steps. I've only done a few miles so far but they are noticeably better than stock. It's not the ultimate answer, that would be a full cartridge conversion for upwards of £500, but an excellent value for money mod'. When I get a few miles racked up when the weather picks up a bit so I can have a good blat on I'll post up a review. Looking good so far  :thumb:

Ohlins are doing a slightly more sophisticated valve for £300.

Offline mjc506

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 18:13:52 »
Ooh, didn't realise ohlins done one too. I'll have a look (then baulk at the price :grin:)

Nice not having import tax...
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]