Author Topic: The first snow's are here, the idiots are out...  (Read 718 times)

Online 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
The first snow's are here, the idiots are out...
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:49:37 »
Yes, at the first sign of snow the idiot's have dusted themselves off and are back on the road ! My good lady picked me up from a works night out in Newcastle last night and we witnessed accident after accident on the way home in the snow. All due to people forgetting that snow is slippy ! Collisions at junctions, cars burried into crash barriers and verges and an Insignia 'mating' with the traffic lights near home. In the space of 15 miles we saw over 20 accidents. One chump in a new shape VW Scirroco was so desperate to get past us on a dual carriageway he tried to overtake us in the uncleared (about 2" deep) 'fast' lane and spun out and ended up on the grass, thankfully missing us ! Obviously not content to follow a 4x4 with snow tyres at 50 mph then... Knob.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline hookie

• Bike: DL1000 K8, '85 Honda XBR500 race bike, '86 XBR road bike, '51 Sunbeam S8
Re: The first snow's are here, the idiots are out...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:35:55 »
You can look forward to the country grinding to a halt as usual plus panic buying, school closures (little darlings may slip in the playground and sue the school), wrong kind of snow on the railway lines etc. etc....

Online 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:41:32 »
Oh yes, months of fun to follow...
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:36:52 »
Welcome to England! We can win two world wars but apparently we cannot handle a light dusting of snow!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Stromtrooper james

• Bike: DL650 2011 70K+miles DL1000 2017 12k miles
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:51:30 »
o yay I look forward to trying to getting from Derby to newark 5 days a week at 6am in the snow........ its clearly not going to happen! I just have to stay in bed and sleep instead :violin:  :violin:  :violin:

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 12:04:38 »
During Winter 2010 I was working 65 miles from where I live, and having to commute each morning. I rode my bike home when the blizzard hit (the moment the snow hit, there was a blizzard for about 18 hours) and put the bike in the garage. By morning my garage door was frozen shut with 8" of ice on the ground in front of it.
The bike was stuck in the garage until February 2011, just after I resigned from that job.

Got to love the snow... but only when you're a kid!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom