Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Exhausts

1050XT Stock look sound

(1/3) > >>

Dazzarati:
Hi folks, here's my dilemma, I like the look of the stock exhaust but wish it made a nicer noise. Is there a slip on that looks anything like the stock one or is there a way of changing the stock one to a deeper  beefier tone.
Cheers

Mr Nick:
Really? I doubt you'll find an aftermarket version that looks that bulky as that's why many people tend to want to get rid of it.

Changing the sound of the stock breadbin would need surgery to the internals so what's your level of metalwork skills & access to tools?

porter:
The Akrapovic exhaust can is large almost like the oe, that's the only one I know but it's also hugely expensive. I have run a remus this last few years but removed it in March for the mot, I've not changed it back as I like how quiet the bike is now and it seems to run a wee bit better or feels like it.

Mr Nick:
That is a pretty close match, and £750 is the cheapest I see from a quick look.   :crazy:

I'm wondering if you should trust a company with such a poor grasp of basic arithmetic though:

Dazzarati:
Hi folks thank you for your reply. I like the look of the Akrapovic can the most out of all the ones I have seen online but like already said I don't like the price tag.

In terms of my metal work skills what I lack in finesse I make up with enthusiasm. I'm happy to have a go and fortunate to have a mate who will be able to weld it back together.  Has anyone done this before? What are we talking about making a straight through pipe?  I would be curious to know how it went and what sort of results were achieved. I don't just want a louder noise although that would be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version