Author Topic: Rukka Clothing  (Read 5350 times)

Offline CymruGlenn

• Bike: Suzuki DL1000 VSTROM GT (2008) K7
Rukka Clothing
« on: December 20, 2015, 14:42:34 »
So I went to Infinity today and bought myself a Rukka Matti Jacket and some Rukka Focus trousers. Christmas present to me from me!!(Well I have been good this year).

Just wondered what peoples thought are on the RUKKA gear?

Cheers
Glenn

Also added a sweet little Decal to my lid.... Cymru Am Byth :xmasgrin:
Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate

Offline Cam

• Bike: 2012 DL650
Rukka Clothing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 16:27:32 »
No question in my mind it's top–end stuff. Excellent quality, all the best technology, looks good, feels comfortable, seems very protective.

However, I feel it's overpriced. Other companies provide same stuff cheaper. I was looking for Gore Tex Pro stuff and was all set to get the Armaxis Jacket and Armaxion Trousers but holy hell — that's £1400 odd quid. Ended up with Dane stuff; saved a packet. The outer material for both companies is made by Gore Tex anyway!

Each to their own though, and if it's right for you, go for it!!! :-)

Offline stuzero

• going custom....
  • Bike: project K2-Vee
Re: Rukka Clothing
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 18:27:06 »
Its great stuff the saying goes you get what you pay for, I've passed my jacket on to my father as it was too big these days and not many people will pay a premium for good stuff second hand.
Do blue ones go faster..... only one way to find out.... now how does it go back together

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 18:51:11 »
Closest I've got is trying the stuff on. Fits great, and almost exudes quality! If I could afford it, I might have it :)

:thumb: :xmasgrin:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline ajduggie

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 08:47:51 »
I bought the bargain Zuto jacket and trousers from M&P a few months ago.  Seemed good value for money, comfortable, windproof and warm.  BUT, waterproof it ain't :icon_no:
One minute in heavy rain and I was soaked through to the skin, thus proving, as said on here by stuzero, you get what you pay for. 
Happy and prosperous New Year to one and all - keep safe (and dry) :old:

Offline Brucey

• Bike: 2013 V-strom 650 (Voyager pack), 1971 Honda C90.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 16:52:26 »
Bought Rukka Atheos jacket and their cheapest legs at successive NEC shows at a big discount. Had the jacket 4 years and it's never leaked a drop. Legs are now 3 years and the same, although they do sometimes feel like they've leaked when they actually haven't. (Cold balls). They are quality, although I do find the neck opening quite big on the jacket. Had Hein Gericke in the past and that was properly waterproof, and cheaper. (It had a storm collar as well which was superb).

Offline Grievesy

• Bike: Honda Varadero 125, V-Strom Glee 65 Reg
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 01:22:42 »
Does anyone have or tried on the Rukka Paijanne Jacket?? looks sexual if you ask me, and half price compared to the Armaxis. I just don't feel like re-mortgaging my house for the Armaxis. looking forward to winter of 2016. will be putting my Rev-it gear on ebay and upgrading to something Rukka. Best start saving now!!

Offline boac

• Bike: 650 AK7
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 03:42:34 »
I have the Flexius and I'm happy with it. Rukka may be pricey but the quality and attention to detail are excellent.

Have you looked at the Rukka Cosmic? On special at Infinity at the moment, making it the same price as the Paijanne. I would prefer the Cosmic over the Paijanne as it is Gore Tex Pro 3 layer laminate, whereas the Gore Tex in the Paijanne is in the removable thermal inner jacket.

Offline CymruGlenn

• Bike: Suzuki DL1000 VSTROM GT (2008) K7
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 07:58:11 »
You won't go wrong with any of the Rukka clothing, it really is top notch
The Rukka Matti jacket and Ruka Focus trousers I bought in December are superb. They've now seen over a thousand miles of this crap weather we have had and I've never felt the cold. wind or rain.
Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate

Offline Woody66

• Bike: DL1050XT, BMW F800R Sport
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 22:48:46 »
Great gear when new....mine is now 4 years old & 2 years to go on the warranty as I bought from the importer (via a store) but the importer dosent appear to want to honour the waterproof warranty. My trouser started to de laminate arond the hip / pocket area leaving a bubble visible around 50/60 mm diamater. I eturned them to the importer via the store & they were returned about 6 weeks later with a yellow post it not on the bag saying tested. Well they still leaked last time I used them in a rain storm.
I will try them again when I get chance to get back on the bike & if they leak I will be returning them again, only advice I can give is keep your money in your pocket & go a for a brand with a good record in looking after warranty claims..or better still no reason to return the clothing

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 23:04:55 »
You know you're replying to a post from 2015/16?
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline V-Twin

• Bike: Fantic Caballero Deluxe 500
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 22:16:27 »
And, did you spot the spilling mistake?

Offline rikpward

• Bike: DL1050XT, Moto Morini 350 Strada, Buell XB9R Firebolt, Yamaha MT09
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 18:16:55 »
Rukka gear is amazing. You get what you pay for, but what are you paying for? For me, There is nothing better for the winter, but nothing else... that said I do use the heavy-duty Kallavesi jacket and trousers. I also have a pair of the toasty R-Star. These items however are too bulky and sweat-inducing for the other season I find. So for Spring, Summer and Autumn, I use Dane trousers and jacket which have the same Armouror technology as Rukka, but it's lighter. I also have the lighter weight Rukka Apollo and for the nice sunshine I still were the Dane gear but with Kushtani gloves which are simply the best gloves ever for the summer. For the feet, Daytona M-Star.

Offline rikpward

• Bike: DL1050XT, Moto Morini 350 Strada, Buell XB9R Firebolt, Yamaha MT09
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2022, 18:21:44 »
No question in my mind it's top–end stuff. Excellent quality, all the best technology, looks good, feels comfortable, seems very protective.

However, I feel it's overpriced. Other companies provide same stuff cheaper. I was looking for Gore Tex Pro stuff and was all set to get the Armaxis Jacket and Armaxion Trousers but holy hell — that's £1400 odd quid. Ended up with Dane stuff; saved a packet. The outer material for both companies is made by Gore Tex anyway!

Each to their own though, and if it's right for you, go for it!!! :-)

I meant to add this quote to my reply too... No one else offers what Rukka does. Some products have Gortex or something alike, but Gortex, has different grades... Rukka uses the best. Some brands use strengthened stitching, Rukka, has duel stitched seems. The Zips on a Rukka are not just stitched, but plastic wielded so they do not actually leak. Come up with a checklist of all the best protective things you want from motorcycle gear, and Ruuka ticks all the boxes... The expense also means you can send it back to Rukka for Repairs as I have done twice, and there were no questions asked and all postage covered by Rukak.

Offline Woody66

• Bike: DL1050XT, BMW F800R Sport
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 19:11:49 »

that's the route I will be taking, sending it back to Rukka OR a Rukka approved repair agent in the UK & won't bother with the UK importer again.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 21:42:14 »
Folks, easy with the quotes, please read this https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=37789.0

:ty:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!